What's new

Which aftershave has a long-lasting lavender scent?

Which aftershave has a long-lasting lavender scent? A natural smelling scent, not like a room deodorizer. Or do I need to look into an eau de something for this? I have Speick. The scent is very subtle and short-lived.

lasta

Blade Biter
Look for Caron Pour un Homme aftershave. But even that will be less potent than EDT.

I have a few dozen bottles of fragrance, so I only use lightly scented aftershaves.

I second the lavender of Ethos. (I've only used the soap, but love the Melange di Agrumes AS. Can't comment on the longevity of the splash, but the scent is great.)

I also really like Barrister & Mann Reserve Lavender. I've not used the new base, but the original base lasted a long time for me.

WSPs True Lavender and Lavender Wood are pretty solid. They sell samples to check them without making the pricey commitment for a full bottle.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I second the lavender of Ethos. (I've only used the soap, but love the Melange di Agrumes AS. Can't comment on the longevity of the splash, but the scent is great.)

I also really like Barrister & Mann Reserve Lavender. I've not used the new base, but the original base lasted a long time for me.
All B&M aftershaves are being produced in the Reserve base of ingredients; only the soaps are changing to Omnibus.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Isn't Mennen Skin Bracer a lavender scent? The $1.00 Skin Bracer knock-off Barbasol Brisk seems to last all day on me. I often follow Skin Bracer with the Caron Pour un Homme EdT because they seem somewhat similar. I always assumed that similarity was lavender, but honestly, what do I know about these things? Am I all wet, or is SB a lavender/vanilla splash of sorts?

Lavender is one of the main components of fougeres, traditionally.
Skin Bracer doesn’t smell remotely like lavender to me. Fougère is French for fern. I don’t know what a fern is supposed to smell like. I’ve had fern plants at home. They didn't really have a scent. But it sounds neat in English…fougèèèèèère.

Skin Bracer doesn’t smell remotely like lavender to me. Fougère is French for fern. I don’t know what a fern is supposed to smell like. I’ve had fern plants at home. They didn't really have a scent. But it sounds neat in English…fougèèèèèère.
I haven't smelled skin bracer in years, so I can't help there. But a fougere (yes it means "fern") base is lavender, oakmoss, and coumarin. There are a lot of variations on that theme, though.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
-Ach Brito Lavanda has some nice staying strength but is not a loud scent.
-Razorock King Louis Lavender is a nice scent and is good for 1-2 hrs, has a little menthol in it also and that is nice feel in summer months and the scent is mild & tranquil .

-Ach Brito Lavanda has some nice staying strength but is not a loud scent.
-Razorock King Louis Lavender is a nice scent and is good for 1-2 hrs, has a little menthol in it also and that is nice feel in summer months and the scent is mild & tranquil .
Ooh, I never heard of King Louis Lavender. Might have to look into that one.

Ooh, I never heard of King Louis Lavender. Might have to look into that one.
I picked up a bottle of the King Louis toner recently (which looks like it’s the same as the tonic) and can recommend it. I didn’t know about the menthol when I first tried it, so it was a surprise but it is quite pleasant. It is at a level where it’s a good substitute for the alcohol sting of a splash. The scent lasts about an hour for me. It’s something that I would definitely buy again.

Top Bottom