What's new

Which acquisition disorder hits you hardest?

Same here. Easily spent more on the brushes than the other ADs. Soaps being consumables I don’t consider the cost as much.

Brushes, man, they are all just slightly different and you want to try another.

I know I love Boar, and behind that, I like synthetics. Yet, I keep trying badgers to find one I can declare is for me... once I mostly concluded that task... what about mixed knots or horse?!? This AD is relentless.

Soaps...considered as too much but 'reality' is still not enough.
Aftershaves...fortunately there's a restriction on shipping otherwise I will have matching AS for every soap.
Razors...used to be the hardest but now cured....for now, cured.
DE Blades....used to be the hardest but now cured....for now, cured.
Brushes...cured for good.

The conclusion is SOAP...

Soaps...considered as too much but 'reality' is still not enough.
Aftershaves...fortunately there's a restriction on shipping otherwise I will have matching AS for every soap.
Razors...used to be the hardest but now cured....for now, cured.
DE Blades....used to be the hardest but now cured....for now, cured.
Brushes...cured for good.

The conclusion is SOAP...
Interested to hear what form of treatment you would recommend to someone with Brush Acquisition Disorder.

Probably the oneblade genesis

400 usd, then you get import taxes etc and it is 600 on your doorstep. Lol now you know why us stuff is expensive... could be worse could be a big V8 car easily doubling in price.

but serious it did start the transition to de and se shaving instead of carts.

indirect caused more razor purchases
Now trying to sell some stuff including the genesis off

Interested to hear what form of treatment you would recommend to someone with Brush Acquisition Disorder.
Live and work in a place where your local income is 4.5 to 5.5 times smaller compared to USD, £ or €, and shipping of brushes is real difficult (high shipping cost)... :laugh: :laugh: I have never buy any brushes from the US, UK & EU.
Then again, Aliexpress is very near....and sales happened frequently. That's why all my brushes are from there...affordable albeit limited. Alas, my appetite for brushes from Aliexpress is for now very much reduced due to the looooong shipping wait. I am still waiting for my last 2 brushes...
I don't go searching & looking at brushes anymore...rather just look at soaps, aftershaves, Karve & Timeless.

In conclusion, due to limited buying power, I can only choose 1 AD....for now.

Blades. Easy to hoard. Easier to hide. And without them, you’re dead in the water. I’m at about 2000 (not enough).

I’m reading a thread on what our fathers (grandfathers) used, then one day... It was gone. And they moved to the only choice left. Carts.

History may not repeat, but it does rhyme. I have 40 years left on this rock (give or take) and I’m never going back to carts.

Unless they perfect the “laser blade”.

Blades. Easy to hoard. Easier to hide. And without them, you’re dead in the water. I’m at about 2000 (not enough).

I’m reading a thread on what our fathers (grandfathers) used, then one day... It was gone. And they moved to the only choice left. Carts.

History may not repeat, but it does rhyme. I have 40 years left on this rock (give or take) and I’m never going back to carts.

Unless they perfect the “laser blade”.
They’re coming back. If you can afford them.....
4452140E-C9BE-4D4E-9B9B-9ECA070B7E4A.jpeg

Started DE shaving about 3 years ago and really didn't know where to start so I bought several razors, blades brushes soaps and aftershaves in a relatively short time just to find out which gear and products would suit me best, now 3 years later I still love to try new stuff...definitely need to clear out my shaving den now 😄

Razors, soaps & brushes my downfall. I think I have it under control, then something clicks and the urge for something new takes over. With soaps, I order a sample then I just have to get the full size. For brushes, I buy new ones and they become my new favorites then I read some review and then I just have to try that brush. Razors are a lost cause for me! I started with one, then purchased up to 40, sold some then realized I had $ to buy more. What a vicious circle!

Top Bottom