What's new

Which .45

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
That’s a win, win, win lineup you have there & I doubt you could go wrong with any of the three.

I have a P320 Carry (.357 SIG) & it is one excellent pistol ... and Walther’s PPQ trigger(s) are peerless ... but for my money, when it comes to the .45 ACP (or as some millenials now call ‘em, a .45 ARP 😬), I like a hammer-fired pistol & that’s why there’s a very accurate & highly dependable HK45C (light LEM) presently sitting atop the nightstand. I like the idea of my thumb riding the hammer when reholstering & also having the capacity to restrike, the albeit rare, recalcitrant primer with a mere pull(s) of the trigger. Some might suggest a pistol with a higher capacity, but that’s why folks have &/or carry spare mags.

I love HK’s, but find them a bit bulky for what they are. Have you shot the Walther? Yeah, after you do, you’ll know.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
S&W or Colt 1917s. Personally prefer the Smiths but have a Colt New Service as well.

That’s a win, win, win lineup you have there & I doubt you could go wrong with any of the three.

I have a P320 Carry (.357 SIG) & it is one excellent pistol ... and Walther’s PPQ trigger(s) are peerless ... but for my money, when it comes to the .45 ACP (or as some millenials now call ‘em, a .45 ARP 😬), I like a hammer-fired pistol & that’s why there’s a very accurate & highly dependable HK45C (light LEM) presently sitting atop the nightstand. I like the idea of my thumb riding the hammer when reholstering & also having the capacity to restrike, the albeit rare, recalcitrant primer with a mere pull(s) of the trigger. Some might suggest a pistol with a higher capacity, but that’s why folks have &/or carry spare mags.
Thank you. I will research that particular HK. I've owned many walther and SIG in the past. Many were older like P5 p88 etc. I was collecting them but them sold it all. Getting back in the game for defense

Concealed carry or range toy?

Prolly the SiG.

AA
It would be for home defense not concealed carry. I was thinking of smaller pieces for carry. And a shotgun for home too
Is there another SIG in .45 that's not the 1911 clone? It was like the 228 but .45

Leaning toward SIG. As much as I am a Walther fan I think the sig is overall better. No experience with HK

shoelessjoe

...Is there another SIG in .45 that's not the 1911 clone? It was like the 228 but .45
Yes, the now discountinued (2019) double-stack P227 ... hard to beat those classic, P-Series Sigs, no? While Sig has really pared down their P-Series offerings, they are still churning out P220 Legions & Black Nitrides in .45 ACP.

Back to the HK for a minute ... the 45 Compact, with its’ proprietary recoil reduction system, is ideal for both nightstand & carry applications - this is one reason why it has always outsold it’s bigger brother, the HK45. Lastly, I made mention of hammer-fired .45 ACPs and I suppose this has as much to do with tradition as it does with follow-up trigger pulls & safety.

HK45C Review:

Last edited:
1. 1911...this is the .45 pistol which made it a legend.
2. Glock 30S. Very soft shooting. Reasonably easy to conceal and carry. Exceptionally easy to acquire a good sight picture.
3. S&W Shield. Well balanced. Compact. Great EDC pistol.
4. Sig Sauer P220R. Regarded by some as the best and most worthy combat pistol of modern history. Yes it is a tad big.

Each has its own special place in my carry routine.
726F7626-13CB-4F37-98F8-CD0D4F63E6BC.jpeg
1FC20162-644E-40AA-8F38-88B88E18BCA0.jpeg
131984D5-B440-4F69-AAB3-856159AD37E7.jpeg
CB832B2C-2B78-448A-A9E7-71C0F91E1F65.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm left handed right eye dominant which is a woke 'nother ball of wax. I can do long guns no.problem right handed. . but pistols need to be ambi at least

Yes, the now discountinued (2019) double-stack P227 ... hard to beat those classic, P-Series Sigs, no? While Sig has really pared down their P-Series offerings, they are still churning out P220 Legions & Black Nitrides in .45 ACP.

Back to the HK for a minute ... the 45 Compact, with its’ proprietary recoil reduction system, is ideal for both nightstand & carry applications - this is one reason why it has always outsold it’s bigger brother, the HK45. Lastly, I made mention of hammer-fired .45 ACPs and I suppose this has as much to do with tradition as it does with follow-up trigger pulls & safety.

HK45C Review:
Thank you. Yes! The 227 is what I was thinking of. It's been a decade or more for me as far as keeping up. So I guess It is no more..

I still have a **** ton of factory 228 magazines.or whatever ziva used on NCIS. Compact 9mm. SIG nomenclature always sucked

shoelessjoe

FWIW: HK45 LEM Endurance Test ... 50,000 rounds in eight months...

Top Bottom