What's new

Where's the SLOC?

I love the SLOC! That said, I find myself thinking something a tad more aggressive might be nice sometimes. I have been looking at the Razorock Gamechanger line, but wonder where the SLOC aggression level would be in regards to those razors.

Where would you put the SLOC in aggressiveness compared to the razorock Gamechangers?

I have the SLOC, GC68, and the Baby Smooth. For me, GC68 shaves the mildest while SLOC and Baby Smooth are a bit more aggressive at a similar level. They're all lovely razors to shave with but I think I enjoy the SLOC the best out of those. At least from my memories from couple months ago...

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I don't have the Baby Smooth so can't comment on that.

In my opinion, the GC .68-SB and the SLOC are both mild razors that I really like. Shaving with either one is a pleasure.

Both are capable of consistent DFS up to BBS results.

YMMV

I was in your exact situation. I started with the sloc (or should say yaqi doc), and wanted more aggressive eventually. I went for the GC 84 OC. It's a definitely more aggressive, but with my basic skills after a few months I can happily shave with it every day without issue. When I first started with it I was slow, but it's quick now.

Another member suggested this head as being the sloc. I wanted to check out open combs and sloc seemed like a good way to start. It really is medium mild. You don't have to be too careful and it shaves well. I just fitted it on a handle. The price was too good to ignore. Took about 2 weeks for delivery.

Attachments

• 11635B7C-79C6-4A3E-B4CC-479991DEDD1D_1_105_c.jpeg
    11635B7C-79C6-4A3E-B4CC-479991DEDD1D_1_105_c.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 4F5BD463-3E4A-44D0-9251-7FA613F23565_1_105_c.jpeg
    4F5BD463-3E4A-44D0-9251-7FA613F23565_1_105_c.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 42
Another member suggested this head as being the sloc. I wanted to check out open combs and sloc seemed like a good way to start. It really is medium mild. You don't have to be too careful and it shaves well. I just fitted it on a handle. The price was too good to ignore. Took about 2 weeks for delivery.

Cytus,

It looks like you have the baseplate upside down on the picture of the assembled razor.

Update: I just shaved 3 day old beard. I used 7 o’clock yellow, and this “sloc”. Not good. Left lots of whiskers, finished using a Rockwell 6C. Maybe blade was dull had used it 4 times, maybe I need more time with this razor to figure out it’s particular nuances. But wanted to provide update after my last review.

Update: I just shaved 3 day old beard. I used 7 o’clock yellow, and this “sloc”. Not good. Left lots of whiskers, finished using a Rockwell 6C. Maybe blade was dull had used it 4 times, maybe I need more time with this razor to figure out it’s particular nuances. But wanted to provide update after my last review.
Now after seeing the remark about it assembled wrong. I am not sure if I assembled it the same way. Maybe that was why my first shave was so much better. I will try again. Duh.

Was that it?
I think so.
My last shave felt smoother, just like the first. However, it is a very mild razor, using Gillette 7Oclock Yellow, (great razor blade), I can usually obtain a DFS or BBS with either EJ89 or Rockwell 6C. But this one leaves a slight amount of hairs. Again, I am still learning about it, for example the angle required is steeper (handle closer to perpendicular to floor) and until I feel totally comfortable I haven't used it to buff or j hook. But for $4.99 it is a smooth razor, so I can't complain and having fun using it and assembling it properly.lol

I've shaved with the SLOC, the Game Changer .68 and the Game Changer .84. In my opinion, the SLOC and the GC .68 are pretty close in feel. The GC .68 has a marginally more aggressive feel but the difference is almost negligible. I think the GC .68 is more effective than the SLOC but I have and enjoy both. Initially, the GC .84 felt fine to me and gave me a great shave but each subsequent shave gave me more and more irritation. It's too aggressive for me to use more than every 3rd day or so. I wanted a daily shaver so I traded it for the GC .68. So SLOC < GC .68 < GC .84.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Is it as agressive as the Muhle R41 is purported to be?

No, it makes the R41 usable (milder) to me.

Lot if people who tried the combo liked it. Here's the thread.

AA

No, it makes the R41 usable (milder) to me.

Lot if people who tried the combo liked it. Here's the thread.

AA
Thank you!

I've shaved with the SLOC, the Game Changer .68 and the Game Changer .84. In my opinion, the SLOC and the GC .68 are pretty close in feel. The GC .68 has a marginally more aggressive feel but the difference is almost negligible. I think the GC .68 is more effective than the SLOC but I have and enjoy both. Initially, the GC .84 felt fine to me and gave me a great shave but each subsequent shave gave me more and more irritation. It's too aggressive for me to use more than every 3rd day or so. I wanted a daily shaver so I traded it for the GC .68. So SLOC < GC .68 < GC .84.

I also have these three and I agree completely. The SLOC feels a smidgen milder than the GC .68. With blade-buffing, the SLOC can give a better shave though.

Top Bottom