What's new

Where/what sources do you utilize for pipe tobacco? Any hidden secret sources?

Smoking pipes used most also pipes and cigars and 4 noggins. When im looking for Rattrays tobacco 4 noggins seems to stock it more often than the others.

Nearly 100 pounds in my cellar, at least 90% of it came from smokingpipes.

I've avoided P&C for a few years now - I was not a fan of their customer service.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Smokingpipes and also LJ Peretti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pipesandcigars.com; smokingpipes.com; tobaccopipes.com;watchcitycigar.com (has fantastic "house" blends); cigarbid.com (careful with this one, you can spend a lot quickly, but good deals nonetheless). I also have my favorite B&M that is unfortunately, four hours away. I try to buy something from them every time I'm in town; doing my part to help them survive. I've not experienced any horrors with P&C as some have; they tend to have some good deals, as do the others of course. Buy tobacco on sale if at all possible. Sometimes it is better to pay for shipping rather than load up your cart to get free shipping, but not very often!

Have fun!

Like I said, "but not very often"! If I'm after one particular tobacco and I've no history with it, a couple or three tins or a few to eight ounces will suffice. And, if I'm in tobacco purchase purgatory, a simple, small order is best. Otherwise I've always the Price Advice - keep adding Escudo until you get free shipping. Although I've modified that some to include other blends.

I really like "TheStorytellerpipe.com" they package the tobacco samples in vacuum sealed bags (like the dispensary) which helps the tobacco stay fresh longer. Shipping is very fast and arrived 2 days after ordering, was a bit amazed by that! Have not heard anyone else mention this Merchant but couldnt be happier with their service.

P&C and Smoking Pipes are the only other places i have ordered from so far.

Nearly 100 pounds in my cellar, at least 90% of it came from smokingpipes.

I've avoided P&C for a few years now - I was not a fan of their customer service.
Saw this meme the other day, and got a chuckle...

Screenshot_20191204-183153_Facebook.jpg

I really like "TheStorytellerpipe.com" they package the tobacco samples in vacuum sealed bags (like the dispensary) which helps the tobacco stay fresh longer. Shipping is very fast and arrived 2 days after ordering, was a bit amazed by that! Have not heard anyone else mention this Merchant but couldnt be happier with their service.

P&C and Smoking Pipes are the only other places i have ordered from so far.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Return to pipe, now I need tobacco!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what you want. Are you looking for boutique or artisan blends? If you smoke something like a Boswell blend, then you buy direct from their little shop. If you smoke bigger or more mainstream brands, then you can shop around more at the big warehouse places. P&C, etc. Some of the bigger cigar vendors also push some pipe lines. For instance, I just picked up a tub of PA from JR Cigars for around $30 delivered, using a coupon. That’s better than I can do locally.

Anyone who sells pipes online sells mainstream tobacco lines or sometimes even a house blend or two. Smokingpipes, Tobaccopipes, WV, etc. Even the big national pipe houses like IR sell tobacco. If you have a good relationship with a pipe maker or seller, keep them in business and buy some of their tobacco.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Smoking Pipes, Watch City, and Tobacco Pipes all ship to Canada. There are probably others but these are three that I've used.

Top Bottom