What's new

Where Were you in ‘62?

This isn’t about 1962.
What did you shave with “back in the day?”
What was your razor?
What was your soap and favorite scent?

Title of thread is confusing.

In any case, back in the day I was a Merkur 33c and Proraso user. Times have changed.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Gillette super speed
Soap what ever they had, I can't remember scent, I don't think anyone cared too much about scent.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Unless reincarnation is a thing, I didn't grace the face of this planet until 1981.
If so, I have absolutely no recollection as to where, or what for that matter, I was in 1962.

I started with a TTO, brand unkown, red and black Everlast badger brush, either Mennen or Old Spice shaving soap and unknown blades. No after shaves or scents, prep was shower or a washed face and no after care. Today Micromatic TTO, Gem blades, syntheticStirling brush, Stirling sheep tallow soap and a splash of drug store witch hazel. Wash my face with Dr. Bronner citrus soap for prep. Not much evolution.

Started in 63-64, my start and end point are close but there has been a widely varied story in the middle years.

This isn’t about 1962.
What did you shave with “back in the day?”
What was your razor?
What was your soap and favorite scent?
Bought my first “new” razor a 1955 Super Speed, drug store soap in a Seaforth mug and no “scent”. I still occasionally shave with a refurbished 1955 Super Speed but mostly straights

'62? I was in what I refer to as "The Nam". As an advisor, mind you, as Kennedy sent a bunch of us boys in to teach and mentor the South Vietnamese forces...

Just kidding. I wasn't born until 1973. I spent the next several years watching "Scooby Doo". And I didn't like the ones with celebrity guest stars like Cass Elliot or Jerry Reed. Why did they make those? And when they introduced Scrappy Doo, I moved on entirely.

When I did join the Army in late 1991, my razor of choice was the Mach 2. And Afta aftershave lotion. Cream was something like Barbasol, or a gel.

I started in 1970 with an electric razor. I believe it was a Braun. I switched over to a Gillette Trac ll cartridge razor in 1975.

But did you own a powder blue leisure suit? That is the real issue.
:001_rolle

They were the rage back then. Fortunately I had enough taste to never buy a leisure suit. However, I did wear wide paisley ties with my suits to work and Frye boots. Big hair days for sure!

First grade I think, so I wasn't shaving quite yet.

Started with a Schick injector with Edge gel, switched to cartridges, whatever they were then, and then back to the Schick until about 1988. Various cartridges until I picked up DE shaving in 2016, now use mostly FatBoy razors and PPI blades.

Let's see, in '64 I still had a year to go before I started school so I didn't need to shave.
When in my teens my dad taught me how to shave with a ball end razor, Williams and if I remember correctly Wilkinson blades.
Got a lot of nicks back then - haha. Was amazed how my dad with very little prep except a hot shower rarely if at all cut himself and he would use the same blade like forever!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I was in first grade, Mrs. Thompson's class.
I remember that I wanted to shave,my mom told me to get the whip cream and let the cat lick it off.
Funny thing is we didn't have a cat :)

I wasn't even born yet.

Any vietnam veterans here? I've always wanted to know what you all used to shave when in one of those outposts like khe sanh.

:001_rolle

They were the rage back then. Fortunately I had enough taste to never buy a leisure suit. However, I did wear wide paisley ties with my suits to work and Frye boots. Big hair days for sure!
I had a powder blue leisure suit! I didn't start saving until the bicentennial, then with a hotel so electric and a Gillethe super

Top Bottom