What's new

Where to shop - Miami, FL

Aventura Mall has both a Crabtree & Evelyn and an Art of Shaving (which may or may not be open yet, but was under construction over the summer). Anyone else have suggestion on where to buy stuff in South Florida?

AOS has now opened up in the Aventura mall. They opened about a month ago.

Yes, Miami is a city without much in the way of shaving supplies. However there are a few of us who look for them. I am in Miami as well and order a bunch off the internet. I have located these places locally:

Nordstroms (T&H, AoS, Jack Black others)
Neiman Marcus (AoS)
Art of Shaving (Just opened in Aventura Mall)
Crabtree & Evelyn
Miles and Lyle (Aventura- Castle Forbes, Masculine)
Churchill's Barbershop (Downtown- T&H, Baxters, CM, others)
The Boy (Miricle Mile- Proraso, others)
Target (Proraso)
TJ Maxx (Close outs)
Navarro Drugs
CVS
Walgreens
Wild Oats (Toms of Maine, Kiss My Face, no name boar and badger brushes)
Whole Foods Market (Tweezerman brushes, I think Toms and KMF as well but not sure)

There you will find Trueitt & Hill, Causwell Massey, Merkur, Art of Shaving, Baxter, Brave Soldier and others as well. I have been to most of those aside from the barbers. I still haven't found a local source for either Taylors or Trumpers.

Here's a little more info about the two barbers that sell shaving equipment
------------------------------------------
www.churchillsbarbershop.com

Churchill’s Barber Shop
12 SE 1st Street
Downtown Miami, Florida 33131
(Conviniently Located Behind Macy's on SE 1 Street)
Tel: (305) 379-8615

Business Hours:
Monday – Saturday 9:00am-6:00pm
--------------------------------------------
www.milesandlyle.com

19044 NE 29th ave
Aventura, FL 33180
305-466-6665

M-Sat 10-7
Sun 11-5

--------------------------------------------

Wow! I knew Whole Foods carried Tom's (it's where I buy toothpaste, but not shaving cream so much), but I never knew they had shaving brushes. How are the Tweezerman brushes, and how much do they cost?

aspherical said:
Wow! I knew Whole Foods carried Tom's (it's where I buy toothpaste, but not shaving cream so much), but I never knew they had shaving brushes. How are the Tweezerman brushes, and how much do they cost?

I got mine there. It was at the Whole Foods for about $15. I am pretty sure they had Tom's. I know Wild Oats has Toms for sure, not 100% that Toms is in Whole Foods but I do know they have some natural products and KMF and Toms are the most popular.

I like the Tweezerman brush for soaps. It is machine trimmed so it is scrubby and prickley. Small knot, but hey for $15 how can you go wrong? And it is pure badger as well so it will hold more water and give a better lather than boar.

Ok, I was in Whole Foods today. Bought a Tweezerman brush and some Kiss My Face key lime. They also have Tom's (although they only had one tube left), Aubrey's, some brand called Herban Cowboy, Alba, and a few others.

Any more info on "The Boy" on Miracle Mile? My mom works on Miracle Mile but nobody in my family has heard of it and they don't appear in any directory... got a site, phone number, or address for them?

Yes, Miami is a city without much in the way of shaving supplies.

truer words have not been posted...

Gatorade said:
Miles and Lyle (Aventura- Castle Forbes, Masculine)
called them yesterday and apparently they no longer stock CF, but exclusively TOBS! :w00t:
i think i'll head there this afternoon to verify firsthand (will stop by AoS while i'm at it and some other prospects in the Aventura area)!!
*EDIT*
this place is truly a gem; very tucked away, you will not find it without proper directions nor will you see it from the street. inside is a cascade of individual rooms suited for haircuts, shaves, massages, facials, and manicures and pedicures. their barber chairs are heated and each has its own digital controls which link to satellite television.

overall the decor is very old-world--dark wood, stone tile floors, dark colors, and a magnificent waiting lobby with tremendous couches, current magazines, and a computer with complimentary internet access.

Mr. and Mrs. Miles were very cordial. they took me on a tour and showed me their product lines: they stock TOBS (only in Lavender, Almond, and Sandalwood) creams, Castle Forbes (EDT only), and their own private label "shave system". if you're in this neighborhood i'd recommend you at least stop in, otherwise you're better off making an appointment. either way this place is a don't-miss!
*/EDIT*

Gatorade said:
Churchill's Barbershop (Downtown- T&H, Baxters, CM, others)
i used to work in this neighborhood so it doesn't bother me, but if you're from a civilized part of the country and happen to be "passing through" i'd pass this one by unless you're a T&H and C&E die-hard. it's mainly a hair salon, the decor is great (makes you forget about the horrible neighborhood in which it's situated), but don't expect much in the area of expertise: when i inquired as to whether or not they carried Trumper's or TOBS shave creams, the head "barber" claimed he had never heard of them :yikes:
still, they had a decent selection of T&H and C&E, Anthony skin products and lots of aftershave goodies and hair tonics.

incidentally, the store nextdoor, "Metro", has a fine selection of Tweezerman, Meehaz, and Rubis tweezers with quite knowledgeable saleswomen.

Gatorade said:
The Boy (Miricle Mile- Proraso, others)
this store is actually called "The Boys" and is a perfumer, selling only Baxter shaving cream (and one other brand i forgot to note down, obviously not noteworthy enough though!).

:smile1: i'm doing my best to refine this list to give us miami shavers a decent and current database for local acquisitions. if anyone would care to help or suggest a vendor for me to visit i would be more than happy to try to accommodate requests for reviews. thanks to Gatorade for starting the list and let's keep widdling it down!

I'm a newbie to wet shaving and been lurking around the forums for the past few weeks. I am in the Sunset area (close to Dadeland) and there is a Wild Oats about 5 miles away...I am going to check them out tomorrow.

Thanks again,

The Boys does carry Penhaligons and they did have some of the shave creams and aftershaves in the display next to their register. I bought some 2 weeks ago. I am trying to talk them into carrying other stuff but we shall see.

The Boys does carry Penhaligons and they did have some of the shave creams and aftershaves in the display next to their register. I bought some 2 weeks ago. I am trying to talk them into carrying other stuff but we shall see.

Chris, I will re-check this tomorrow...

-Michael

Chris, I will re-check this tomorrow...

-Michael

Hey guys, sorry I haven't checked this lately but yes they did have Penhaligons when I went by, they also had some Proraso as well. I haven't been by in a while.

Here is their site http://www.theboyscosmetics.com/

There is also a Bayside Brush Co. Kiosk in Dadeland mall that has some T&H products as well as Kent. They had the Kent soap which is the same as Mitchells Wool Fat Soap. Great stuff!

Also you can find the Isreali Persona Blades in Navarro. They are the store brand blades. 10 for $1.00 is a great price to boot!

Stopped in at The Boys today. They seemed to carry mainly the Penhaligon's EDT lines, only had one shaving cream. They also have Santa Maria Novella shaving cream and pre-shave supplies (along with the previously mentioned Baxter).

As for Bayside Brush Co., I would put this place last on my list of last resorts--It is essentially a hair brush kiosk which happens to have some Kent brushes and half-filled tubs of T&H. Also, forget about finding anything resembling knowledgeable salespeople here. They also have a kiosk in the Aventura mall which is only marginally better due to the fact that it is indoors.

We need a Trumper's boutique in South Florida :w00t:

-Michael

As for Bayside Brush Co., I would put this place last on my list of last resorts--It is essentially a hair brush kiosk which happens to have some Kent brushes and half-filled tubs of T&H. Also, forget about finding anything resembling knowledgeable salespeople here. They also have a kiosk in the Aventura mall which is only marginally better due to the fact that it is indoors.

We need a Trumper's boutique in South Florida :w00t:

-Michael

True but as far as I know it is the only place you can walk out of with a puck of wool fat soap. Also the only place you can hold a Kent brush. I don't really care what the salespeople have to say anyway. I usually know more about their products than they do. So I just smile and keep right on doing my own thing.

Top Bottom