What's new

Where to shop for fragrances.

Hi,

Could someone recommend a good place, in real life or online, to shop for colognes? I'm new to this, and to get an idea of what I'd like I'd need samples, either on those purpose built cards in a shop, or those small vials that can be mailed. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

AlbanyDude

Nieman Marcus & Nordstroms are good places in person to be able to try a lot of different good colognes. If you do a quick search for fragrance decants you will find many vendors where you can buy samples online.

For Chanel, go to their company website. For all others, check amazon, ebay, then a general web search. For impulse buys, go to the a local mall.

Nordstrom is a great place to try stuff. Go in well dressed and they will load you up with samples.
Once you find what you like try a WTB on the BST.

+ on Nordstrom's or Macy's since it's free to try some stuff. I bought a # of frags from Decantshop.com and another site with a lot of samples and it was fun trying them all out....amazing considering that I spent the previous 40+ years of my life using a total of maybe 4-5 colognes.

For samples online: myperfumesamples.com is inexpensive, and has the more common or designer frags.
Luckyscent.com has niche, and some very nice ones.
Perfumedcourt has great service, but a lil pricey imo
Crystal flacon has a lot if you browse enough. Its very... Bay like.

Whatever you do, dont buy fragrances on amazon. Look up your favorite 10 colognes right now on amazon. Look and see how many have a 1 star rating because of sellers selling watered down fakes.

FragranceX, FragranceNet, and FragranceShop are all well thought of internet e-tail shops that will offer discount prices on full bottles once you narrow down your choices.

For samples I first go to the Crystal Flacon site, because you can usually negotiate price and get exactly what you want, though since they are not stores they may not have everything you want. Shipping prices are low, though (most just charge actual mail rates), so that's usually not much of an issue.

Whatever you do, dont buy fragrances on amazon. Look up your favorite 10 colognes right now on amazon. Look and see how many have a 1 star rating because of sellers selling watered down fakes.

This is 100% untrue as long as you buy a fragrance that is shipped from and sold by Amazon and not a third party. If it is coming directly from Amazon this is one of the BEST places to purchase cologne at a significant discount.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Hi,

Could someone recommend a good place, in real life or online, to shop for colognes? I'm new to this, and to get an idea of what I'd like I'd need samples, either on those purpose built cards in a shop, or those small vials that can be mailed. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

AlbanyDude

Parfum1 is also a great source, both for samples and fragrances. From time to time you also get a 20% off coupon, which can in some cases save you major $$.

Sephora fer sure.
At least to try and smell. Could probably find a cheaper place to buy.

They pride themselves on giving free samples. Check out YSL L'homme if you go. Sooo good.

This is 100% untrue as long as you buy a fragrance that is shipped from and sold by Amazon and not a third party. If it is coming directly from Amazon this is one of the BEST places to purchase cologne at a significant discount.

I agree with this. Also, if you're buying on amazon from a third party some of them, like fragrancenet, that sell on amazon can also be trusted. I wouldn't buy fragrances from third parties on amazon that I wasn't familiar with though.

Top Bottom