What's new

Where to purchase a Filarmonica?

I'm seeing a lot of praise for these beauties, and am considering moving up in quality to a nicer straight. Right now, it's just a Genco Master Barber and a restored W&B. Both nice shavers, but I think I want a straight to really be proud of. I'm afraid I'm going to have to pay out the nose to get one, but I'm going to save to do it.

Are these gems for sale anywhere? What's their story? They're made in Spain, right? I'm going to try a WTB ad, but wanted to see if any of our online friends and/or vendors carry them.

Thanks.

No vendors have these any more. Mad Max was one of the first to praise these razors over on SRP and the word spread like wildfire the last year and half. There were a couple people on EBAy that had a bunch of NOS razors and made I am guessing 10's of thousands of dollars on the ones they sold. They are great razors, but were going for ridiculous amounts of money, and maybe still are when they pop up. AZMark gave one away for a song on the BST yesterday.

There is a very nice near mint Filarmonica 14 (near 8/8 ths) on Ebay, just listed today. It will certainly bring a lot of money and I can't say if it is worth it or not. I have several Filarmonica razors, most I paid as much as it took to buy them and I don't regret the money spent on any of them. They are very high quality razors, easy to hone and hold a :001_tonguless money but if you buy one and are disappointed it isn't real hard to find another buyer for it!!!!!

i'm going to have to save for months it looks like. i have a somewhat high bid in on that one on ebay, but i have a feeling it's not going to be high enough.

i'm going to have to save for months it looks like. i have a somewhat high bid in on that one on ebay, but i have a feeling it's not going to be high enough.

My guess is if it is south of $300 it may not be enough. I paid over $600 USD for a Especial Para Barbas Duras. Don't get discouraged, they seem to crop up from time to time. You wont be disappointed IMHO!!!

There's actually a few around on ebay at the moment. Some in the US and I noticed some in Spain last night as well. Quite a few are used so you might get them for a reasonable price compared to the NOS ones that pop up from time to time.

Top Bottom