What's new

Where to get razor handles?

Just received the Timeless polished titanium handle from Maggard today. Maggard currently has a 10% off promo for the holiday. I would say this is the nicest looking polished titanium handle at a reasonable price.

A7478C07-E8AE-4279-917A-8F1BFA342DF4.jpeg

Where is a good place or the place with the most variety to purchase a razor handle?

I’ve done a little searching but haven’t seen any place with a whole lot of variety.

TIA!

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I didn’t see a specific thread about razor handles.
If you know someone who is a machinist, or if you are anywhere near a college or university they will have a machine shop, so you may be able to get someone there to help. Then you can ask them to make a couple to your specs. That way you can get handles that are best suited to you (length, diameter, grip pattern, style).
I made handles out of aluminium, titanium, bronze, and stainless. They last forever, suit any razor head (use of which handle depends on the weight of the razor head), have fantastic grip and if I have a need to sell any of my razors with their original handles I can do so without losing the handles that suit me best.
Hope this helps.

iKon makes excellent quality 316L marine grade stainless handles and they're really cheap now. They've got everything on sale now!
Not a big selection but they might have something you like.
Another option that's a little more expensive is Weber. They're also 316L stainless.

Here are the links:

Dude, you have got your finger on the pulse of the market! (You're making me want to buy a handle I don't even want or need!)

I’m actually envious. I wish I could buy all the razors that look interesting, try them out and then keep what I like. I don’t have the disposable income to do it.

@LRod , I’ll just live vicariously through your adventures in shaving.
It's possible for it to not be strictly based on disposable income. Well sort of: You can do one at a time if you're patient. If you're able to save for just one (this is the key to getting started), you can buy it, sell it and then get another one. And if you profit "little by little" on some, you can eventually accumulate others. I do understand though that everyone's situation is different and some people are on a strictly fixed financial situation. But the method I've described is a possible solution for some. Note: It's a feasible option for other things too!

Last edited:
It's possible for it to not be strictly based on disposable income. Well sort of: You can do one at a time if you're patient. If you're able to save for just one (this is the key to getting started), you can buy it, sell it and then get another one. And if you profit "little by little" on some, you can eventually accumulate others. I do understand though that everyone's situation is different and some people are on a strictly fixed financial situation. But the method I've described is a possible solution for some. Note: It's a feasible option for other things too!

We’re in the middle of the Dave Ramsey “debt snowball” to get rid of our debt. We’re down to one credit card, one car loan, a financed Sleep Number bed, and our mortgage. Supposedly, you’re supposed to build into your budget some “mad money” to have a bit to spend on nonessential things, but we decided to not do that and focus on getting stuff paid off.

My SO says if we stick to the budget, we can be completely out of debt in about 4yrs (including paying off our mortgage).

So, new razors that cost more than $30 or so? Not for four years, sadly.

That’s why I say the Blackbird is my dream razor. Or maybe that one from Portugal? No idea.

We’re in the middle of the Dave Ramsey “debt snowball” to get rid of our debt. We’re down to one credit card, one car loan, a financed Sleep Number bed, and our mortgage. Supposedly, you’re supposed to build into your budget some “mad money” to have a bit to spend on nonessential things, but we decided to not do that and focus on getting stuff paid off.

My SO says if we stick to the budget, we can be completely out of debt in about 4yrs (including paying off our mortgage).

So, new razors that cost more than $30 or so? Not for four years, sadly.

That’s why I say the Blackbird is my dream razor. Or maybe that one from Portugal? No idea.
Got it! That's awesome!!
In that case, definitely wait for the 4 years before doing absolutely anything. It will be worth it!!

Imagine this advice coming from a young Warren Buffet into wet shaving.

This thread has opened up a fresh rabbit hole in my shave warren.

What size do Fatip razors require? Presumably not 5mm…

lasta

Blade Biter
That’s exactly the kind I’m after. 👍

What I mean by that is you’ve helped me realise how much better my life will be with a handle like that in it 😜
Be careful, soon you'll be looking into custom work. Then buying more razors so you can test out another handle idea haha.

RazoRock and Maggards have a good pre-made variety and are affordable to start.

I went through West Coast Shaving. They have a ton of handles, and they ship quickly and securely. I purchased a razor on this forum and the seller sent along a Maggard head. A quick handle from WCS and I was in business. Great forum community here and a great company.

Happy New Year

Top Bottom