What's new

Where to Get Blades For This

I picked this up for $8.00 without the box over the weekend. What type of injector blades do I need? Also do I just insert the blade pack to change the blade. I only ask because on the underside there looks like part of the blade case that might move. I don't want to force it, since it might not move at all.
Any help with be grateful.
Thanks
View attachment $schick_razors5.jpg

I think any standard Injector blades will work. I have only seen them at one store here, but they can be ordered online. The blade holder has a piece called the key, this is inserted into the razor head. It should go in easily, no need to force it.

Yep, standard injector blades which are still widely available at your local CVS (most, anyhow) or neighborhood drugstore. Also available on line.

btw, nice find and even better price.

maybe one of the members can post blade insertion instructions, I can't seem to find it around here (I thought I remember seeing a jpg of the instructions).

Here are some original instructions from injectors.

attachment.php

attachment.php

full
full

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of the Hydro-Magic razors shown in the instructions, and, while I've just learned what it's called, it's my favorite Schick injector razor. I keep it in my travel case because it takes up a lot less room as well as giving a truly DFS. Not as much of a feeling of history as my darling 40s style Super Speeds, but a great razor nonetheless.

Thank you everyone. I normally toss a D/E blade after two or three shaves. I'm sure I can get more but since D/E blades are so cheap why chance it. How many shaves can you safely get from a injector?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have the identical razor, but in the bakelite box with the brass injector pack.
Here are the instructions for that particular razor. I wonder if that Guarantee is still valid?

Thank you everyone. I normally toss a D/E blade after two or three shaves. I'm sure I can get more but since D/E blades are so cheap why chance it. How many shaves can you safely get from a injector?

I can't answer that other than by saying "normally, longer than a DE blade." But, that's the best I can do; I never really took to injectors so never found out how long a typical blade lasts.

Don't buy injector blades from the drug store. They are very bad. Google Schick injector. I think you can get the Schick branded from Amazon.com. I have not tried them but the Ted Pella injectors are highly regarded.

Len

Len

IIRC, CVS brand injector blades are Pella blades. And, they were good enough for me, anyhow, the few times I played with an injector.

I have the identical razor, but in the bakelite box with the brass injector pack.
Here are the instructions for that particular razor. I wonder if that Guarantee is still valid?

"Forever" doesn't have too many different definitions or interretations, does it? I wonder if they would still replace it with a new one if they couldn't fix it?

Nice catch!

:cool:

Who Started This!!!? Oh yeah, Dave, the Frank Sinatra guy. Just wanted to say thanks. I'm now poised to pounce on a couple of these old bakelite handle beauties. Soon the fleet will require 3 different types of blades. This is still single edge so it will be a face qualified razor. Besides, what better excuse than Father's Day to indulge a couple ADs:biggrin:

"Forever" doesn't have too many different definitions or interretations, does it? I wonder if they would still replace it with a new one if they couldn't fix it?

Nice catch!

:cool:

Wouldn't it be nice? But...
IIRC, current law on these sorta things, at least in the US, defines "forever" as 30 years and only for the original owner. After that, the OEM has no obligation.

Top Bottom