What's new

Where to buy

I’m looking for a new Simpson brush. I bought (at different times) a couple of brushes some years ago from a website I believe was in Florida? He had photos of every individual brush. No recollection who that was any more. I’ve also bought from West Coast shaving. I did search here but didn’t find an answer for current places to buy shaving goods. Can anyone help me with some other places to try? I’m more interested with availability and different models. Prices seem to be consistent across the place I’ve already seen.

Amazon vendor Alrossa seems to have the heaviest discounts but have a look at what is available. For special grades/LE you have to order direct from Simpsons anyway.

Last edited:
You guys buy directly from Simpsons in England? How does that work? Taxes import fees shipping times etc.
Beaming up @Owen Bawn for details on ordering from the Mothership.
Isle of Man to the EU is about 7-10 days and yes shipping, taxes and duties add up but you will buy the brush net without UK VAT.

This is only sensible if you look for Manchurian, 2 Band Silvertip or something bespoke.

The place you're talking about in Florida is The Superior Shave. Unfortunately, they are no longer carrying Simpson brushes. They were my favorite place to buy from, since like you said, they had actual pictures of the brush you would be getting.

I bought my last Simpson from The Razor Emporium. They had the best price at the time, but their selection is not the best, so you may not find what you're looking for with them.

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
When I buy Pure, Best, or Super (in most cases) I look at Alrossa on Amazon as well as Pasteur's online. WCS used to have outstanding Simpsons prices but not so much anymore. Superior Shaving in Florida was the merchant with the individual photos. He no longer carries Simpsons. Alrossa has really undercut most merchants- they can't meet Alrossa's prices. A year ago they were really low. I have no idea what they're selling right now.

If I want a limited edition or a brush in two band SiLVERTiP or Manchurian I buy direct from the Mother Ship on the Isle of Man. The VAT disappears from the order once the program figures out that you aren't in the UK/EU. Postage has gotten more expensive in the past 2 years. It generally takes between 7 and 15 days for a brush to reach me in Ohio. Watch the Simpsons site for sales, particularly around Black Friday. I don't know if their Black Friday markdowns for 2021 are still on offer. Worth a look. If you do decide to buy from Simpsons their offices are probably closed until after 1 January. Have fun with it- it's only money!

When I buy Pure, Best, or Super (in most cases) I look at Alrossa on Amazon as well as Pasteur's online. WCS used to have outstanding Simpsons prices but not so much anymore. Superior Shaving in Florida was the merchant with the individual photos. He no longer carries Simpsons. Alrossa has really undercut most merchants- they can't meet Alrossa's prices. A year ago they were really low. I have no idea what they're selling right now.

If I want a limited edition or a brush in two band SiLVERTiP or Manchurian I buy direct from the Mother Ship on the Isle of Man. The VAT disappears from the order once the program figures out that you aren't in the UK/EU. Postage has gotten more expensive in the past 2 years. It generally takes between 7 and 15 days for a brush to reach me in Ohio. Watch the Simpsons site for sales, particularly around Black Friday. I don't know if their Black Friday markdowns for 2021 are still on offer. Worth a look. If you do decide to buy from Simpsons their offices are probably closed until after 1 January. Have fun with it- it's only money!
Nice post. In the U.S. I have found Pasteur's Shaving to be the best one. They have a nice collection.

Last edited:

Great summary! :a29:

Top Bottom