What's new

Where to buy washers for DE razors?

First 1 as in single washer after 10 years? Really?
Yes, since 2011 I’m still using the same one. I originally bought a pack at lowes and gave my brother one to try. I still have 3 collecting dust. I guess I’m just careful, but the point is the washer hasn’t failed.

Yes, since 2011 I’m still using the same one. I originally bought a pack at lowes and gave my brother one to try. I still have 3 collecting dust. I guess I’m just careful, but the point is the washer hasn’t failed. Here is a pic below, it’s funny because for some reason I throw out blades after 1-2 uses that can go longer but I have only lost this once on tile floor but found it 5 min later.
image.jpg

Now I can't unsee it. I checked the bottom of one of my newer Gillette techs. I'm having a Seinfeld cashmere sweater moment right now. I guess it's one of those things you don't know you need it until you need it

Now I can't unsee it. I checked the bottom of one of my newer Gillette techs. I'm having a Seinfeld cashmere sweater moment right now. I guess it's one of those things you don't know you need it until you need it
They only work on brand new razors, so you’ll need to buy a new razor to go with the o-rings. Once you’ve got the mark of the beast on your razor head, the o-ring serves zero purpose.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Above the Tie has delrin M5 washers. They do charge more for them: $5 for 4.... I got 20 nylon M5 washers for under $4, but delrin is a much better washer and I wasn't able to find a place to buy just a few of them. I didn't look real hard though.

Edit: CORRECTION Above the Tie has 10 "nylon" washers for $2.99. So if you need razor blade, etc... you can add them to an order and shipping will be free. I was also wrong about them being Delrin. I still can't find a source for Delrin washers. I did find another similar washer but the company is in the UK and the shipping costs are over $20 for $4.00 of washers.

Last edited:
Above the Tie has delrin M5 washers. They do charge more for them: $5 for 4.... I got 20 nylon M5 washers for under $4, but delrin is a much better washer and I wasn't able to find a place to buy just a few of them. I didn't look real hard though.

Edit: CORRECTION Above the Tie has 10 "nylon" washers for $2.99. So if you need razor blade, etc... you can add them to an order and shipping will be free. I was also wrong about them being Delrin. I still can't find a source for Delrin washers. I did find another similar washer but the company is in the UK and the shipping costs are over $20 for $4.00 of washers.
Maggard Razors - my brother informed me that is where he got his replacements. Looking on their site they are 10 for 0.99.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
You can go to most hardware stores,
When I thought that I needed a washer I took my razor with me and the clerk showed me a bunch of drawers full of different washers, black,clear and white

You can see with the red circle that there is a thin nylon washer between the baseplate and handle. It is there for 2 reasons. 1 not to mar the baseplate or handle. The second reason is that Rockwell seems to be shabby in some of their coatings, so I can actually tighten the handle correctly. Otherwise is has some play in it. For all my other razors I never had this issue. Only the 6S.

My father was a lobsterman… whether it’s the puffy shirt or man hands, it sticks out if you look for it.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Maggard Razors - my brother informed me that is where he got his replacements. Looking on their site they are 10 for 0.99.
LOL... I sure wish I'd known that a few months ago now. Not that I paid a fortune.... but I got 20 for $4... and I don't need twenty.

Thanks... that will really help the people who just joined our ranks.

Top Bottom