What's new

Where to buy washers for DE razors?

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I typically buy them from Home Depot bulk bins. I use the hard white nylon washers.

Because I live in a country that uses the metric system, finding anything metric is tough. Go figure; apparently inches and gallons are metric. So I buy the nylon #10 washers and try them on the razor. If they fit, cool. If not, they just need a gentle ream out with a drill bit held in a tap driver.

I buy them 20 at a time (about $2) because I have a bad habit of dropping them down the drain if I'm not paying close attention.

O.H.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I typically buy them from Home Depot bulk bins. I use the hard white nylon washers.

Because I live in a country that uses the metric system, finding anything metric is tough. Go figure; apparently inches and gallons are metric. So I buy the nylon #10 washers and try them on the razor. If they fit, cool. If not, they just need a gentle ream out with a drill bit held in a tap driver.

I buy them 20 at a time (about $2) because I have a bad habit of dropping them down the drain if I'm not paying close attention.

O.H.
Our Lowe's here used to carry them... I don't know about Home Depot... but I checked both places before I ordered them from eBay. Sad how stores carry fewer and fewer items as time goes on.

Get plenty while you get, 'cause they do run away often.

Yup, that was my thinking. I bought a 100-pack because I figured I'd lose a few. One year later, I'm down to only about 50!

The slippery little buggers go down the drain, down the heat register, fall on the floor and get vacuumed up, get eaten by the dog, etc.

I've even had them fall on the floor and get stuck on my feet so I track them out on the carpet... where they inevitably get sucked up by the vacuum or eaten by the dog. 😜

That was my experience as well... they used to carry them
I think if I had only 1 or 2 safety razors used daily I might even push the pursuit to ordering online, but I have 13 safety’s which I rotate along with my straights so I will not try to chase them down.

Top Bottom