What's new

Where to buy washers for DE razors?

LOL... I sure wish I'd known that a few months ago now. Not that I paid a fortune.... but I got 20 for $4... and I don't need twenty.

Thanks... that will really help the people who just joined our ranks.
I think it only helps if you are placing a 60 dollar order. Otherwise shipping is probably 4 bucks. Anyhow, I like Maggard and support them, will probably buy a Tatara razor there when I get around to it. For 4 dollars, you can outfit many razors if you rotate, it’s a good investment.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I think it only helps if you are placing a 60 dollar order. Otherwise shipping is probably 4 bucks. Anyhow, I like Maggard and support them, will probably buy a Tatara razor there when I get around to it. For 4 dollars, you can outfit many razors if you rotate, it’s a good investment.
yeah.... if you wait until you need a few more things, the washers are almost a freebie because you'll end up with free shipping anyway if your order meets their minimum requirements. That's what I generally do. Other than when I order from overseas... but I tend to buy more there too because I spread the shipping costs over several items and often, because we don't pay the country's VAT, the products are often cheaper overall than I would pay in the States.

yeah.... if you wait until you need a few more things, the washers are almost a freebie because you'll end up with free shipping anyway if your order meets their minimum requirements. That's what I generally do. Other than when I order from overseas... but I tend to buy more there too because I spread the shipping costs over several items and often, because we don't pay the country's VAT, the products are often cheaper overall than I would pay in the States.
Correct on all accounts, but luckily I’m in a position where I don’t mind spending more to to support American businesses.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Correct on all accounts, but luckily I’m in a position where I don’t mind spending more to to support American businesses.
I mainly buy from the Executive Shaving Co. when it comes to overseas purchases. I started with them because I ended up choosing one of their razors. I wouldn't be ordering from them at all, most likely, if I hadn't decided to buy their Claymore Evolution.

I buy the other stuff from the smaller American suppliers: blades, soaps/creams (for the most part) etc. I really try to avoid buying from Amazon for my shaving supplies, unless they have something and no one else does. So I agree with you.. support American small businesses when possible.

I used to use them but on some razors it didn't screw well.
I have two black and white sachets but they are useless to me ...

So I found some different M5 nylon washers. They are black and have a smaller OD (I think 8.3mm). None the less, I like them a lot and now May retire my 10 year old washer.

Here is a pic on a Tatara of the new washer:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    869.9 KB · Views: 28
Top Bottom