What's new

Where to buy USA

Hi all,

I’m visiting Chicago early next year, which shops are good stockists for soaps/splashes/which hazel etc please? I’m looking to pick up a few items that I struggle to get online. I can’t get skin bracer here in the uk, I’ve managed to get hold of the EU Aqua Velva and musk.

From what I remember of my last visit Walgreens was the most popular supermarket, that was November last year before I got into DE shaving.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Hi all,

I’m visiting Chicago early next year, which shops are good stockists for soaps/splashes/which hazel etc please? I’m looking to pick up a few items that I struggle to get online. I can’t get skin bracer here in the uk, I’ve managed to get hold of the EU Aqua Velva and musk.

From what I remember of my last visit Walgreens was the most popular supermarket, that was November last year before I got into DE shaving.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
In October, I'm headed to Chicago to visit my youngest son. The one brick and mortar store that I know of is Merz Apothecary/Q Brothers. Pictures of the store on their website looks amazing!!

If anyone else knows of other places to shop while there, I'm interested also!!

Cheers mate, I’ve just looked at the map, I know a few bars that side of town so I’ll head in!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Any and all survival tips are greatly appreciated!! I'm hoping to live to tell the tale!!

I wasn't worried about their neighborhood, just brick and mortar in general. Last I was over there it wasn't a particularly fearsome neighborhood ..

Merz is pretty good, if they survive until you visit

Oh, I can assure you they are thriving.

Their staff is knowledgeable and attentive all the while letting you shop at your leisure. It is in what originally was a German section of Chicago. I recall being there once and heard an entire transaction between clerk and customer transacted in German. I just shook my head, amazed.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Oh, I can assure you they are thriving.

Their staff is knowledgeable and attentive all the while letting you shop at your leisure. It is in what originally was a German section of Chicago. I recall being there once and heard an entire transaction between clerk and customer transacted in German. I just shook my head, amazed.

Good to hear - it has been a couple years since I was to the Windy, and my comment was directed more to B&M establishments generically.

As far as I’m concerned there is only one: Q Brothers / Merz Apothecary / Smallflower

They are a vendor here so say hi to them. Ask them questions, they are more than happy to answer.

https://www.merzapothecary.com/
CoverMeGoingToMertz.jpg

@Gaznix, I just got back from visiting my son in Chicago...AND...visited Merz!! It is an amazing store and has an incredible selection of mens shaving and grooming products!! The staff are great and helpful!!

However...it's not only a mens shaving and grooming store...it's also an apothecary shoppe!! Skin care products, health and remedy products, and so much more!! (If you're married and your wife is accompanying you to Chicago, insist that she go to Merz with you, seriously)

When you go to Chicago, definitely take the time to stop in!!

Visited Merz Downtown this morning, great shop, I could have spent a long time in there but was pressed for time. I got an artisan Chicago soap and Lucky Tiger, I was going to get Pinaud Veg as I’d never tried it before, it’s pretty rough so I put it back! I’ll send a photo of my soap once I’m home, I recommend Merzto anyone if they’re passing.

Top Bottom