What's new

Where to buy Rive Gauche by Yves Saint Lauren?

What would be the most reputable place to purchase?
I see options with and without a tin can, does that matter or mean anything?

Thanks in advance!

I’m looking for the men’s version.
I understand it is no longer made but I see it for sale? All fakes?

You mean Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

proxy.php

I own the tin can version, which I think is the original. I haven't seen that for sale in a couple of years. The current version in the cube shaped bottle is the reformulated version. I have never smelled it, so I can't comment on how similar it is. I have not smelled the Fine American Blend EDT, but I do have the aftershave, it I think it does smell very similar to RGPH.

If you can find one in a can from a discount fragrance site, pull the trigger on it. I bought mine from fragrancex.com a little over a year ago.
I’m sure the reformulation would be fine too, but it is quite pricey. Then again, the originals may be getting up in price too.
I used an entire bottle of Fine American Blend AS and have to say that, although they are similar, they are definetly different enough. I could tell the 2 apart even with a cold. Fine is a bit harsher and does not have the nuances as Rive Gauche. I think it’s the patchouli and anise that Fine lacks, but I’m not a perfumer. Both smell great, respectively. The new EDT may be an entirely different beast as can be the case when jumping from AS to EDT concentration. Just my thoughts.

I have the Fine American Blend EDT and the old version of Rive Gauche. Fine American Blend EDT smells great and I love it but it is a bit harsh and much stronger than Rive Gauche. Rive Gauche is smoother and more nuanced. Because of the price difference I would go with Fine American Blend EDT because it is very similar.

There is American Barber zscent from RazoRock that is supposed to smell like it. I don't have Rive Gauche but RR version smells really nice.

but I do have the aftershave, it I think it does smell very similar to RGPH.

Likewise; it's slightly less green, more spicy.

I think we're about to start seeing many clones of this scent.

Retailer's aren't even stocking the La Collection bottles anymore; the only source is YSL. Either they're about to pull a Chanel or it's been discontinued (again).

The black tin is the real deal and the only one worth having...a real classic barbershop fougere with lavender, star anise, oak moss and a bunch of other good stuff.

I was lucky to grab a few cans when fragranceX had them for 30 bucks each...some hucksters seem to have bought in bulk and have put them on the 'bay for 90 bucks upwards...

I have the new formulation and it really is a pale shadow of the original don't waste your money.

Top Bottom