What's new

Where to buy Noodler's Ink online?

Where's the best place to buy Noodler's Ink online? I looked at the company website, but they only work with dealers (or was I in the wrong place).
Thanks!

Their samples are awesome. Really eases any anxiety I might have of getting something I can't stand. So yeah, +2 for Goulet's!

It's available at several retailers, but I'll throw my hat into the Goulets' ring as well. This is because of several reasons:

1. They're a B&B vendor
2. They use great business practices; your package will arrive intact and on time
3. Their activity in the pen community is second to none. Their videos, blog and the tools on their website are invaluable resources
4. They are some of the nicest people and very responsive. If you have a question about an item, send them an email. Chances are it'll be responded to in short order.

I definitely recommend Goulet Pens. Great service with fast shipping. Don't forget that you can get 5% off with the code "SHAVING" because they're a B&B vendor.

That said, I bought a bunch of samples from Goulet Pens of Noodler's and am not sure that I care for them. They're well reviewed here and elsewhere but I've had issues with some of their inks and am looking to branch out. But YMMV of course.

+1 for both Goulet and ISellPens.com. I've done business with both and have been a happy customer.

I'll also add that my experience with Noodler's inks has been VERY hit or miss. Right now, the only Noodler's ink in my inventory is Lexington Gray. I haven't been happy enough with any other Noodler's sample I've tried to actually order a bottle. The Lexington Gray is an excellent ink and one that I always keep on hand.

I much prefer Diamine and Private Reserve. Excellent performing inks and a huge color selection.

I recently bought the Limited Lamy safari Apple Green, 3 inks and 15 samples. I got them within a week (I'm in Australia). The packaging was amazing I could have drop kicked it across the yard and it would have been fine. I then open it up and read the invoice and at the end there is a personalized message written by Rachel saying enjoy the samples and be sure to share what I think of them, and at the bottom she has signed it off with what ink she used! Very cool.

At the moment I'm using Lexington Grey; I had to buy it as my name is Lex and turns out I love it!

Another vote for the Goulets
Fast service, my last couple of orders were shipped within a couple of hours of being placed.
Packed so it could survive a natural disaster!

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have to chime in and agree with everyone else. I order 99% of all my pen inks from the Goulets :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I recently bought the Limited Lamy safari Apple Green, 3 inks and 15 samples. I got them within a week (I'm in Australia). The packaging was amazing I could have drop kicked it across the yard and it would have been fine. I then open it up and read the invoice and at the end there is a personalized message written by Rachel saying enjoy the samples and be sure to share what I think of them, and at the bottom she has signed it off with what ink she used! Very cool.

At the moment I'm using Lexington Grey; I had to buy it as my name is Lex and turns out I love it!
They do that to feed FPIAD- they are sinister :001_smile

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Did anyone mention the Goulets yet ... :confused1

Not a huge fan of Noodler's inks ...

That said, I bought a bunch of samples from Goulet Pens of Noodler's and am not sure that I care for them. They're well reviewed here and elsewhere but I've had issues with some of their inks and am looking to branch out. But YMMV of course.

I'll also add that my experience with Noodler's inks has been VERY hit or miss. Right now, the only Noodler's ink in my inventory is Lexington Gray. I haven't been happy enough with any other Noodler's sample I've tried to actually order a bottle. The Lexington Gray is an excellent ink and one that I always keep on hand.

IMHO, Noodlers is great ink ... YMMV.

One thing to remember, I think that Noodler`s pushes the envelope in terms of ink qualities more than other makers, looking for unique and extreme inks where others just try to stay in the mainstream. That leads to some great products, but often with pretty extreme qualities.

Who else would bother to try to make Baystate Blue, after all ... and Whaleman`s Sepia is ... well, bizarre.

Right now, the only Noodler's ink in my inventory is Lexington Gray.

Funny, I'm also currently using Lexington Gray in my Lamy. It writes well but I'm looking for a lighter gray like a pencil. But I do enjoy how it's performing so I guess here's a Noodler's Ink that I can recommend, if you're into the color.

I personally didn't like Goulet's.... Oh who am I kidding. It couldn't get much better than them. Their service is great. Their layout of the website is amazing. They package as if they were packaging a $100,000 crystal piece. Oh and did I mention their service...

Everyone, I really appreciate your feedback!

From this community, it speaks volumes about Goulet when so many say such great things about them. I have been a Levengers and Fahrney guy, but I will try them out on my next order. I may pick up a lower end Lamy as well (my wife keeps my FPAD in check, otherwise I would be spending thousands and thousands on pens I never use!).

Thank you everyone!

-Bret

I'm new to the whole Fountain Pen disorder (thanks to a surprise in a shaving PIF). After reading a few of the comments in this thread I decided to check out the Goulet's site. Um... that was about an hour and a half ago... still there... soooo many informative videos! I can't wait to buy my first real pen and inks!!

(Can't wait to have a few free bucks to spend either! :lol:)

Top Bottom