What's new

Where to buy JNATs?

Hello all knowing B&B members. I've gotten into honing recently, and have a set of Norton whets. I'm covered up to 8k. But am wanting to really put something special on the back end for finishing. Something that I can get lost in, and JNATs seem to have just that allure for me. I wasn't something I can put on a shelf for display, then take down and finish on. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look? I've gone to a few websites (japanstone, tomonagura on etsy, and japannaturalstones). They have nice stuff, but haven't seen anything that I can really put on display without breaking the bank. I don't want to drop more than $300-ish really, and I feel like that should be feasible for my wants. Thanks in advance!

I favor Japan Stone, Alex is great deal with and I am sure he can find you a stone within your budget, if you are wanting somthing that catches your eye as you said put on display you may have to pony up additional $$ as stones with what i call living edges tend top command a higher price but i am sure Alex on other members here can take care of you.

As a person who has started the jnat journey in April '17, I very thoroughly researched this topic. I agree based on consensus that Alex at Thejapanstone would be a retailer you could rely on, however I personally have not bought from him. Consensus also leads many to Japanese Natural stones, whose reputation is sound. My choice was Aframestokyo run by Takeshi Aoki in Hawaii. I have been a customer of his for a number of years, and goes back to his selling of the great Kanayama strops which I bought from him. His stock of the strops were cheaper by a fair margin than JNS. From that point I was able to compare as far as you can when buying a natural stone, the value for money. In my view Aframestokyo had stones of a size and quality that set his stock apart. I have now bought three from them, an Ozuku, Wakasa and a shobu. He gives money back guarantees and tests razors on the stone you order, and is available for on going tutelage. My stones are excellent and have had no reason to return any.

Top Bottom