What's new

Where to buy hats online?

Am looking for a quality online store that ships fairly quick, has clean hats (yes, I got a dirty hat once online....), and has a variety =- with a price margin that won't break me. Ideas gents?

strop

Now half as wise
Delmonico hatters. B&M store in New Haven, but very good online support, fast shipping, good customer service. Have been a repeat customer.

I buy my hats from Optimo in Chicago. They do phone fittings if you intereted - http://optimo.com/ Top quality hats and wonderful customer service. I would not buy a hat from anywhere else.

$Optimo 4a.jpg
$Optimo 5.jpg

Delmonico is good, David Morgan on the west coast, and my favorite, Meyer the Hatter in New Orleans. Paris hatters in San Antonio is first class also.

Thats beautiful. Unfortunately they don't post prices on their web site, probably one of those "if you have to ask...."

Thanks! Optimo does not mass produce hats. They're bespoke hats and each hat is priced depending on materials used. You would have to call them, great customer service.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Im about to obtain my fifth Art Fawcett produced hat. Other than that recommendation, I would say you can't go wrong with JJ's Hat Center out of NYC or Delmonico Hatters. If your ready to step up to a custom hat, I would really research Art's selections.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Depends what type of hat you want, style or quality etc. Art Fawcett makes great hat as an earlier poster mentioned. Heaps of online sellers for Stetson and Akubra. Then there are budget sellers. I have used Hats in the belfry a few times.

Art Fawcett is now retired. But all my Akubras come from Everythingaustralian or HatsDirect.
Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art Fawcett is now retired. But all my Akubras come from Everythingaustralian or HatsDirect.
Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can second Hatsdirect, aka The Hattery. Yes, they come all the way from Australia, but the quality is excellent, the prices are reasonable, and the hats (I have 2 from them) fitted me with a little foam under the sweatband, until they conformed to my head.

For customs, the best I ever purchased was from Northwest Hats in Eugene, OR.

Top Bottom