What's new

Where To Buy Gold-Dachs Spezial?

Is still possible to buy? If so, where? If not, will I be just as satisfied with Rivivage? SSAD has hit me again and I can not shake it off. So, I will purchase one of these either today or tomorrow.

Bruce, Rivivage is a wonderful soap as well. Gold-Dachs Spezial is a delightful rarity, I don't know too many places that still carry it, and I feel bad. I bought a couple last year, and I went through the first one in record time, and when I found out that it was discontinued or only being sold in Europe, I was very unhappy. The one I still have is something I give myself a treat on a special occasion. Rivivage is still very much available through classicshaving as far as I know, and it's just as terrific!

Jeff

You can get it here: Manufactum
I've never ordered from them but I've been wanting to get some Gold-Dachs. I think I'll order some from them next month unless someone know of a US supplier.

Thanks guys. I wonder why it was discontinued, except outside of Europe? It is on the expensive side for only 56g.:eek: How long does it last?

Bruce, my first container lasted me around 3 months or so, I was shaving with it every day because I love it so much. Until I could get my mitts on some more, I'm using the one I have on a very strict and tight ration basis, like maybe once every few weeks or so, or even less. It's too precious.

Jeff

Their charges are a little weird. They don't say if VAT is included or not in the price. On top of that it says shipping is 5 Euros, but then theres a note about shipping to US being 20 Euros. If it costs close to $40 to ship four little bars of soap, that's got to be some AMAZING soap for it to be worth it.

letterk said:
Their charges are a little weird. They don't say if VAT is included or not in the price. On top of that it says shipping is 5 Euros, but then theres a note about shipping to US being 20 Euros. If it costs close to $40 to ship four little bars of soap, that's got to be some AMAZING soap for it to be worth it.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Classicshaving.com here I come. RIVIVAGE IT IS!!!

AandW said:
RIVIVAGE IS ON THE WAY!!!:biggrin:
Sorry I did not read this before you became a victim of well intended, but somewhat uninformed comments. Best Grooming Tools had and continues to have Gold Dachs shaving soap. Even as I type they have it in stock.
Once again, sorry I have not been up to my usual lately.:sleep:

Scary item on that Manufactum site. Don't think I will be using this one for my beard growth.:eek:

[
attachment.php

:lol:

guenron said:
Sorry I did not read this before you became a victim of well intended, but somewhat uninformed comments. Best Grooming Tools had and continues to have Gold Dachs shaving soap. Even as I type they have it in stock.
Once again, sorry I have not been up to my usual lately.:sleep:

Ron,

No worries. However, I AM BAFFLED!!! MY "RIVIVAGE" came in the mail today wrapped in a cute little plastic bag with a small piece of paper folded in thirds. The front of the paper has the exact same BADGER picture and wording, "SPEZIAL/MARKE GOLD-DACHS/RASIER-SEIFE" as the product displayed in your posted link. The soap cake itself is identical to that pictured.

Why does ClassicShaving market the product as "RIVIVAGE", Best Grooming Tools pawns it off as simply Gold-Dachs and some other sites call it Gold-Dachs Spezial? The only difference I can see is the packaging(i.e. Box, Bag or Aluminum Can). However, all the same soap cake and all say Gold-Dachs Spezial!!!:confused:

Coincidence? I think not!

AandW said:
Ron,

No worries. However, I AM BAFFLED!!! MY "RIVIVAGE" came in the mail today wrapped in a cute little plastic bag with a small piece of paper folded in thirds. The front of the paper has the exact same BADGER picture and wording, "SPEZIAL/MARKE GOLD-DACHS/RASIER-SEIFE" as the product displayed in your posted link. The soap cake itself is identical to that pictured.

Why does ClassicShaving market the product as "RIVIVAGE", Best Grooming Tools pawns it off as simply Gold-Dachs and some other sites call it Gold-Dachs Spezial? The only difference I can see is the packaging(i.e. Box, Bag or Aluminum Can). However, all the same soap cake and all say Gold-Dachs Spezial!!!:confused:

Coincidence? I think not!

Rivivage IS Gold Dachs. For whatever trademark reasons or whatever in general it's not marketed as Gold Dachs by CS. Excellent stuff though.

Chris

Hi Bruce. I have a cake of the Rivivage and mine was packaged the same as yours. From what I have been able to find out, the Rivivage is indeed Gold-Dachs by another name. I won't say that with 100% certainty but from the musings on these forums, the scent notes alone give it away. I am most satisfied with Rivivage. To my nose it has a cream/orange scent that is very refreshing. It also makes a super lather that I find works well with my beard. I don't sweat the price. $8.99 for 56g may seem expensive but as Jeff mentioned, you could use this daily for two or three months before it was gone. Per shave it's just like the other premium products. It gives value all out of proportion to the price. Enjoy.

Regards, Todd

My Golddachs Spezial soap is in a metal container with a black mark on the lid. The soap inside is bigger than the Rivivage soap I had purchased from Classicshaving. One thing, both of these soaps are to die for. I was going to use it today, but instead, I grabbed for the Arko! :lol:

Jeff

crackstar said:
My Golddachs Spezial soap is in a metal container with a black mark on the lid. The soap inside is bigger than the Rivivage soap I had purchased from Classicshaving. One thing, both of these soaps are to die for. I was going to use it today, but instead, I grabbed for the Arko! :lol:

Jeff

Can I ask where you got yours with the tin? And does it seem to be the same soap as the Rivivage?

I shaved with Rivivage(a.k.a. Gold-Dachs, Gold-Dachs Spezial) today. Absolutely love it! Great scent!!! It lathers very easily. Very slick and provides a BBS shave with NO irritation.:biggrin:

Thanks Jeff (a.k.a. crackstar) and everyone else for your fine recommendation.

I have not seen much about Gold Dachs... everyone is looking more at MWF, Cella, Tabac, and others.
I initially bought a tin and 2 pucks from Manufactum last year and found you can also get from Em's Place... I bought a second package with 3 refill packs from Em
I really like the tin for traveling and the soap IMHO is a very good soap, lathers well, shaves close, no noticeable residue, and a pleasant not too strong or lingering scent.

I wonder the reasons for the lack of discussions of this soap?

Last edited:
Top Bottom