What's new

Where to buy a diamond file?

Eben Stone

Staff member
I want to buy a diamond file, approx 1 inch wide, flat, 600/1000 grit, like the yellow and black handled one shown in photo 8 of this thread:

I searched Amazon and Google for keywords such as:

"diamond file"
"diamond file 600"
"diamond file 600 grit"
"diamond hand file flat 600 1000 1k grit sharpening tool 1 inch wide"

The search results are useless. I went through about 800 results (the first 16 pages) on Amazon, and none of them were useful. I get nail files, files that are not diamond coated, tiny files that are 1/4 inch wide, the one diamond file I did find in all the results I looked at was 60 grit not 600.

I'm am not being lazy and expect someone else to do the searching work for me. I've already spent about 2.5 hours looking. At this point I've given up trying to find one. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. If you happen to already know of a good diamond file like I've described, and know where to get it, can you please share a link directly to the product?

Thanks.

Eben Stone

Staff member
In case anyone else is interested, here are some links to the ones I found on AliExpress:

Now that I've spent about 3 hours searching and reading reviews, I've decided to give this a try, considering I can get it delivered tomorrow.

I that doesn't work out I'll try one from AliExpress.

Thanks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
In case anyone else is interested, here are some links to the ones I found on AliExpress:

Now that I've spent about 3 hours searching and reading reviews, I've decided to give this a try, considering I can get it delivered tomorrow.

I that doesn't work out I'll try one from AliExpress.

Thanks.
You know what I found out also when using Diamond files on my knife sharpening system is just a simple pencil eraser will clean them like new again in no time.

Top Bottom