What's new

Where In the World Am I?

OK, how about another lighthouse? It's located in the U.S.

1654844407122.png

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Reminds me a lot of the Hillsboro Lighthouse at Pomano Beach, Florida. Similar structure but the Hillsboro Lighthouse is taller. That design of lighthouse has been used a lot in Florida.

I had thought FLA at first glance (Palm tree), but there isn't a hill like that anywhere's in the Sunshine State. That's a newer design light than mine above, is it US or maybe the Auld Sod? But the palm trees say it ain't Ireland .. Seems like at one point way long ago this thread had some lighthouse action ..

This one I know - being intimately familiar with Cherry Point, Camp Lejeune, Onslow Beach and all of that...

That would be at Cape Lookout, NC
Did you know Point Lookout lighthouse is now solar powered with LEDs? It used to have two really powerful aircraft landing lights that rotated. Now, it is a flashing LED that only gets out about half the previous distance and does not rotate. I remember camping on the Outer Banks and being able to see the old-style lighthouse beacon. So, I guess the old magic has passed now.

garyg

Time for a hint maybe - the light in question was I believe used in two or mebbe three locations - name one of them, though two are not far apart

garyg

Chicago Harbor Light is it - various sources have it as Rawley Point, WI or Waackaack NJ ,, been years since I was at Navy Pier

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
OMG. I totally spaced on posting a pic. I am so sorry guys. Here you go....

To continue on with the theme, this is a pretty cool lighthouse. This is not my photo. I have been to this one many times, but I dont have a photo as nice as this one. There are some hints in the pic if you look hard.

MLG_9838resize.jpg

Top Bottom