What's new

Where I can buy the vintage gillette in good condition?

Where can I buy vintage gillette in good condition. After I bought my first vintage gillette tech razor from Ebay I was so regret buying it. The item is good but there is damage the make plates missing. So where can I buy 100% good condition. I know razor emporium where they sell revamp version of gillette tech. But I want 100% clean no rust or plate loss.

Where can I buy vintage gillette in good condition. After I bought my first vintage gillette tech razor from Ebay I was so regret buying it. The item is good but there is damage the make plates missing. So where can I buy 100% good condition. I know razor emporium where they sell revamp version of gillette tech. But I want 100% clean no rust or plate loss.

If the item is so badly damage you should be able to get a full refund.

My advice is get a gillette tech off the bay and send it to someone who can clean it up for you.

Not sure about razor emporium as I've read somewhere that their customer service is awful.

Keep an eye on the buy, sell, trade section. There are often reasonably priced Gillettes in great condition.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

If the item is so badly damage you should be able to get a full refund.

My advice is get a gillette tech off the bay and send it to someone who can clean it up for you.

Not sure about razor emporium as I've read somewhere that their customer service is awful.
I live in Thailand how can I find the perfect person to clean or revamp the razor. The shipping cost is the main problem here.

I live in Thailand how can I find the perfect person to clean or revamp the razor. The shipping cost is the main problem here.

I live in Singapore, does that make a huge difference? I too learnt that u need to look for help.

You live in a country that has tons of diving schools, make friends with one of the technicians, all you need is 2-3 mins with a ultrasonic cleaner to remove any crud off a vintage gillette.

This is my Tech which I cleaned up.

BST section is the best choice. People selling and trading razors here are shaving enthusiasts and care for the fellow members.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I would try the BST forum. Otherwise it is eBay and don't be scared to ask the seller questions. I good seller will be happy to answer any questions put forward.

I just did a USPS shipping calculation to Thailand. Cheapest I could find is $24.50. If it would have been closer to $10 I would simply have PIFed one to you. It’s not worth $25 to ship. WTH is USPS doing?

I just did a USPS shipping calculation to Thailand. Cheapest I could find is $24.50. If it would have been closer to $10 I would simply have PIFed one to you. It’s not worth $25 to ship. WTH is USPS doing?

Blood suckers that's what they are. Shipping to Singapore is just as bad :2guns:

The way alibaba is working to link up logistics n goods such that u often get free shipping is simply amazing.

And the regular Chinese postal services are pretty cheap too.

Shipping stuff over to south east Asia is a real pain!

I would try the BST forum. Otherwise it is eBay and don't be scared to ask the seller questions. I good seller will be happy to answer any questions put forward.

The only issue with BST is that so many items are “CONUS only”.

I’ve ended up having more luck on eBay, since it always seems the BST items I want aren’t available internationally, and the items that ship international aren’t the ones I want.

It is a problem for many of us, not just people who live far away! It is always a gamble to order from ebay. I have gotten very lucky, but it could still happen.

A jewelry store in Thailand may be able to polish the razor. They should have all the tools to make it very clean and smooth.

Razor Emporium has a bad reputation for some people here. If I were you, I would keep searching on ebay. Ask the seller many questions about condition and let them know you are serious and want the best. It may cost a little more and take more time. But you can get what you are looking for if you are patient.

If I were you, I would keep searching on ebay. Ask the seller many questions about condition and let them know you are serious and want the best. It may cost a little more and take more time. But you can get what you are looking for if you are patient.

This is the best advice. Just be patient.

At one point, I decided I wanted a vintage Gillette Adjustable. They don’t come up every day on the local eBay store here in Australia, so I just watched and waited. After six months of checking eBay twice a week, messaging sellers, and many failed bids, I picked up a near-mint Fatboy for a reasonable price.

Just be patient and you’ll get what you want without overpaying.

Here on B&B and antique stores. Members here are prone to be more descriptive with any issues. In person, you can never go wrong.

Top Bottom