What's new

Where have all the Tiny Brush lovers gone?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I was really hoping someone else would explain this. The reason you don't hear a lot of talk about tiny brushes is the preponderance of manly men on this forum.:a47:

I just find them too small and uncomfortable to hold while face-lathering. Unfortunately, now, since I have acclimated myself to using larger brushes (32-36mm), I just can't go back to those tiny ones, and I do not consider myself a manly man. :)

They really are not practical for shaving legs and such. I just collect them because they are so adorable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just find them too small and uncomfortable to hold while face-lathering. Unfortunately, now, since I have acclimated myself to using larger brushes (32-36mm), I just can't go back to those tiny ones, and I do not consider myself a manly man. :)
Come on! 36mm????

You shave yourself with a broom or what?!

proxy.php

I used my Edwin Jagger Best Badger with faux ivory handle today for the first time in a very long time. It is the same size as my first brush, an Art of Shaving travel brush in pure badger. I now know why I don’t reach for it anymore. It’s just too small. It’s also pretty scritchy too but I have other bigger brushes that are scritchy but I use them. After almost 2 years of experimenting with brushes I find I like medium to large size brushes. But a brush can also be too big for me. I’ve never used it but the RR Hulk just doesn’t tempt me at all. I have a Monster and that is about as big as I want. But this is just me. If my son wants a badger he’s welcome to have either the EJ or the AoS.

I almost forgot about this little shaving kit I keep around in case the squirrels want to join me for a shave...

E5067845_DxO.jpg

In perspective:
E5067844_DxO.jpg

My smallest brush is fairly tiny
It's a Synthetic Silvertip that cost me less than €6 om eBay with free shipping from China to Spain
It fits in the palm of my hand, but I took a pic of the brush with a 100g Tabac Original Stick for scale
20161004_143651-jpg.834180

20161004_144038.jpg

I gave Thater 4125/6 a go a few times.

It's a challenge keeping the soap off the ears and the floor.

I appreciate my Duke 3 and PJ2 much more now. But I'm not going below that, too tiny for me. YMMV, as always.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Tiny brushes? I'll play! These are my smalled and most prized brushes!

Left to right... Simpson "R" 20mm Super Badger in Ivory, Steling Silver Gorham 16mm (maybe 18?), and a Drake Pure Badger 20mm...

IMG_1849.JPG

My smallest brush (16mm TGN Boar Ever-Ready 200cc) next to my largest brush (30mm Maggard SHD Fan Rubberset 200-5).

I like my brushes like I like my women, a pleasantly plump handful. I won’t finish the rest. [emoji41]

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

Top Bottom