What's new

Where do you smoke?

A fat 13
20200621_192241.jpg
in my garage. Smoking is forbidden in the house. So. I open the garage door, plop down in a lawn chair, and fire one. Before the last yard sale I had a great old recliner in their. Any of you relegated elsewhere?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
When I first started with cigars I would smoke in my bedroom. I lived with my bro and my room was the attic. Roughly 20x40 in size. I would open the window and fire up. He never cared but I did - the cigar smell would take a day or two to leave. So I stopped that and would just go outside.

Never smoked indoors since then. Now days I sit on the front porch, or back. I put a TV in the tool shed so I can relax there with a cigar during the winter months.

I've been relegated to the great outdoors for the past 15 years or so, since the first kid came. For me, that means a porch swing under a covered porch. So far it hasn't been too bad listening to the birds, watching people walking by. It's perfect! I get my alone time but the neighbors think I'm all friendly and sociable.

I smoke my pipes on the patio or other outdoor spots, not in the house. My Social, Menu, and Financial Advisor would rather I didn’t and given she otherwise tolerates my PAD & TAD, I abide by her rules. In inclement weather, I move to my mobile smoking lounge, currently a Honda Ridgeline with the smoking roof feature.

I have a man cave that I can smoke in (vent fan in the window and door closed). When the weather is nice, I have a recliner in the garage and a nice deck out back. When it comes to pipes, I'm an aromatic smoker and the wife enjoys the scent so I can smoke anywhere in the house.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I don’t have enough experience with pipes - - does the smoke simply not stick to clothing and furniture or is it more so that it’s just not as offensive as cigar smoke?

For the guys that smoke pipes indoors

In the winter I mostly just use my car to and from work. LOTH and I are house shopping next spring and hope to get a space for smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I don’t have enough experience with pipes - - does the smoke simply not stick to clothing and furniture or is it more so that it’s just not as offensive as cigar smoke?

For the guys that smoke pipes indoors

It dissipates pretty significantly, depending on what kind of blends you smoke. Latakia and dark fired will stick around the longest. But even those are nothing like cigars which have a pretty significant hang around factor. If I smoke a bowl of Va, VaPer, or an aro, it’ll mostly be cleared out by morning, and what’s left isn’t unpleasant. If you do it every day, it’ll build up over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom