What's new

Where do you smoke?

Yesterday afternoon I sat on my step while I sipped at a small bowl of Half & Half and a goblet of iced mineral water, and read my current book. The air is warm and nasty -- far too humid -- but there is shade at that point in the afternoon, so I'm not in full roasting sunlight. I'd rather have drier or cooler conditions. But this was tolerable, for now.

My back patio!
It may not be what everyone else is enjoying on this thread, but I'm certainly inhaling and exhaling some mighty fragrant and flavorful smoke! I even make my own blends!
I couldn't resist my friends!
20210414_172206.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Always outside, we have a lot of outside living space choices. Screened in front porch, covered patio, screened in cabana by the pool, covered outdoor kitchen by the pool and of course out in the yard doing yard work or walking in the woods.

I’ve upgraded my winter smoking situation. Our daughter, S-I-L, and older two grandkids live in the lower Rio Grande Valley. We‘ve been talking about what a nice spot it is in the winter months. We found a place we like, made an offer on a house, accepted same day, inspected yesterday with no major unforeseen issues, and we should close in three weeks. It remains to be seen if we love being Winter Texans, but I see no issues with the whole concept. Here is the view from our patio, otherwise known as the Smoking Lounge.
proxy.php

proxy.php

That looks like a wonderful spot to winter! My parents became Florida snowbirds upon retirement and absolutely love it. Good luck to you.
Thanks! The older we get, the more we dislike cold winter weather. We’ll try this for a couple of years and see if it is for us. If not, I’m sure we’ll be able to recoup our investment. I know I’ll enjoy the winter pipe smoking!

I have spent far too many hours in various hospital rooms and talking to nurses the past few years. I feel glad to assure everyone here the old battle axe nurses are still there. Just as hard nosed and crotchety as ever, only putting up with less from too young to shave doctors.

In smoking related news, I got the ok to smoke in my basement recently. Since I'm already slowly turning it into my workshop, Mrs. Rookie finds the scents of sawdust and pipe tobacco to be "pleasantly manly". But in order to fit a proper recliner down there, I'll have to pass on a piece of shop equipment, like a tablesaw or drill press.

Wait a second. Damn she's good!

Which drill press are you using?

I'm looking for it and possibility goes to Shop Fox, I also get some reviews from here, I like the best part of it is variation on speed controlling.
but its too confusing to for me. Any suggestion?

All my tools were destroyed in a house fire, so right now it's a Dewalt corded drill and a real steady hand. Before it was a tabletop drill press I got at a flea market, to be honest I forgot the brand.

I don't really have any advice or recommendations, I'm sorry. I bought what I could afford when I needed it. Second hand is good as long as youbcan plug it in and test it before you buy. Variable speed is great though! YouTube will help you figure that out for your particular model.

It's gotten far too warm and nasty to stand or sit outside for long. Concerned for my cats, I've been opening my door, leaving the screen door latched, and I perch on the end table that is right by the door. The floor lamp gives me light enough to read by. In theory the cool A/C air as it pushes out through the screen takes some of the smoke with it.

In practice, my power bill is a bit higher than this time last year.

I look forward to cool weather. Say, about November or December, if I'm lucky; January if I'm not.

Top Bottom