What's new

Where do you put your shaving gear?

"Where do you put your shaving gear?"
For the most part, in goes on my face.:001_smile
Now where I store it is a different question. Mine goes in a floor standing side cabinet, with a wooden framed glass door, next to my vanity.
Really shows off the collection of AS's nicely.

Everything is in my latest revised shave den:
Updated Den.jpg

x

Everything is in my latest revised shave den:
View attachment 1544346

x
Why do people keep calling their bathrooms "shave dens"? You've got a nice looking countertop but it's a plastic box with stuff in it and a nice razor/brush stand. Sorry if I'm coming across rudely as that's not my intention, I just don't understand this shave den terminology at all. I have a bathroom with shaving supplies in a couple of cabinets. That's not a den, it's a bathroom!

Why do people keep calling their bathrooms "shave dens"? You've got a nice looking countertop but it's a plastic box with stuff in it and a nice razor/brush stand. Sorry if I'm coming across rudely as that's not my intention, I just don't understand this shave den terminology at all. I have a bathroom with shaving supplies in a couple of cabinets. That's not a den, it's a bathroom!
I would have to agree with you. A shave den in my mind would be a "powder room" (sink and toilet) specifically designated for this purpose. The largest wall of the room would have all of your gear displayed, and whatever else you can put in the drawers of the vanity (if applicable).
Again, just how I have it pictured.

I would have to agree with you. A shave den in my mind would be a "powder room" (sink and toilet) specifically designated for this purpose. The largest wall of the room would have all of your gear displayed, and whatever else you can put in the drawers of the vanity (if applicable).
Again, just how I have it pictured.
That sounds closer. But even the toilet is one too many. If I could put a sink in my library (mahogany bookshelves, library tables, leather furniture, Persian rug), that could be a "shave den"! Otherwise, we're all just using our wives' bathrooms... ;)

That sounds closer. But even the toilet is one too many. If I could put a sink in my library (mahogany bookshelves, library tables, leather furniture, Persian rug), that could be a "shave den"! Otherwise, we're all just using our wives' bathrooms... ;)
A sink in a library! Guaranteed for your learnings to sink in. :001_smile

In our bathroom we have one of those shelves that sits over the toilet. My wife is fine with me storing as much shaving gear as I can in it, and I have filled every bit of available space already. Aside from that I have a large dopp bag filled with products that sits on the countertop. 1 brush and razor is always drying on a stand and on the countertop and my Cube 2.0 and it's dock sit there full-time as well. My lathering bowl well that sits on the toilet's tank.

I put my razor back in it's case (it's a British Tech) and put that in a drawer along with my soap and pre shave. My brush, however, goes in the bathroom closet. It dries better there and doesn't get junk on it. My wife and I like to have stuff put away. So I don't have a stand or anything like that.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
@FunkyFantasy
Where do you put your shaving gear?

Lets begin with the counter section of my shave den...

proxy.php

Items organized for efficiency and modesty. Since this
photo was taken, I've since upgraded the shave den!

Due to their small size, razor blades are stored in the
medicine cabinet, as well as a couple of bath soaps,
and Wahl premium clipper guards.
proxy.php

I installed shelving on my wall to gain space to store
my soaps and aftershaves, it was a good upgrade.
IMG_4188.JPG

I feel like I am building a pyramid of soaps HEHE!

proxy.php

These shelves really worked out well for me.

My razors and brushes, are stored on a hand made
razor and brush stand, from an artist on Etsy. Its a
lovely hard wood with cherry varnish, I quite like it!
proxy.php

proxy.php

I've since acquired a few more things since then, but
overall, this shows my shave den quite well. Any
items for which I have too much of, will go under the
sink. I prefer to actually have some counter space so
I can do stuff lol.

proxy.php

Have you tried these mentholated pre-shave cubes
from PAA? They are freaking amazing! Its my holy
grail of pre-shave cubes.

I'll stick this revised cabinet photo here too. This represents most of my razors, all of my boar brushes, and two of my three synthetic brushes. The one that matches the birch Rocca razor is in a cabinet on the opposit wall with the badger brushes. The ramekins contain sticks that were puckified and that's an Arko puck in the blue and green VdH bowl. How many razors can you identify?

fullsizeoutput_44f9.jpeg

Top Bottom