What's new

Where do you keep it all?

First official post here, good to find this place. I actually found it looking for good deals on feathers. I've been shaving ye olde style since 1997 (senior year of high-school!)...and never even bothered to look for an online community for my hobby. So maybe better late than never eh? Over the last 12 years, I've budgeted $10 a week to my little hobby, so I've slowly acquired a massive collection. At some point it became clear just throwing them on my bathroom sink would not be space-efficient. And when I got married...well...my sink is overrun by someone else. ;)

When you hit the real world, you realize how little time you have for all the other little pleasures and hobbies in life. And shaving is something we men have to do, and so it makes a perfect activity to make a hobby out of.

So on to the real deal: where does everyone keep their army of shaving supplies? My bathroom sink is basically dominated by my wife and her things, so only the razor, brush, and soap, and a couple of after shave/colognes on active duty for the given time are there. I keep the rest of the boys stores on the shelves of a little chest we got at Bombay in our bedroom.

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B!

I'm rather new myself but you'll quickly find what a terrific community this is. I started DE shaving a couple years ago to save money and so far I've held off from buying everything under the sun. I don't have alot of stuff that takes up room but I'm about to take the plunge into straights, so I'm sure my AD will kick in then :p

Welcome to badger and blade. It's a great community, lots of good information and humor.

Thanks to Amazon, paypal, mama bears and west coast shaving, I may be in a bit of a bind once the packages arrive.

My wife says it's only fair if she gets chocolate. Fair enough. :biggrin:

So on to the real deal: where does everyone keep their army of shaving supplies? My bathroom sink is basically dominated by my wife and her things, so only the razor, brush, and soap, and a couple of after shave/colognes on active duty for the given time are there. I keep the rest of the boys stores on the shelves of a little chest we got at Bombay in our bedroom.

Welcome to B&B!
I empathize. My shave den is not all that populated, but nevertheless it takes a lot of counter space. The fetching Mrs. Timeweaver (SWMBO) is out of the country this summer but will be back in a few weeks, so I'm currently wrestling with the same issue.

I'll let you know what I figure out! Meanwhile, good luck!

Welcome. I have dedicated a number of shelves in a hall closet to store my stash, which has been growing for years. I keep thinking eventually I want to thin things out, since these days I only use a fraction of what I have on any sort of consistent basis. Hence, I've avoided going the way of the display-type shave den, because I haven't wanted to give over fully to that way of being. In fact, the only things visible to the casual observer are my current brush of choice, my current razor of choice, and my shaving mug, which are on my bathroom counter since they need to air dry after use. Everything else is stowed.

I got reeeeeal lucky recently - with some major closet reconfigurations, it just so happened that a small linen closet across from "the boys'" bathroom became redundant - and my sweetie told me I could have it (!!!!)....

So - a Q&D shave den was born!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I haven't figured out how to get the whole thing in one image - because the "Shave Shack" (Sweetie's designation) is in a hall, I can't back up far enough to capture the whole thing in a single shot!

It is still under development - I need to get a single rack for brushes so's I can display some razors.... What fun!

I got reeeeeal lucky recently - with some major closet reconfigurations, it just so happened that a small linen closet across from "the boys'" bathroom became redundant - and my sweetie told me I could have it (!!!!)....

So - a Q&D shave den was born!

Mighty impressive. Do I spy some Black Magic lurking in and amongst your aftershaves? If so, would you agree with ClubmanRob's take on it?

Wow, Jon! Looks like you have enough shaving stuff in there to last several lifetimes! :eek2:

There's a standing IKEA cabinet across from the bathroom in which I have about a shelf and a half filled with shaving stuff. In the bedroom closet, there's a box containing lots and lots of blades, cream samples and fragrance samples. Plus some other stuff scattered around in the shower and bathroom medicine cabinets.

I am trying not to turn my interest into something that requires a closet - as that would displace my vision of myself as a humble artisan who uses these humble old fashioned tools, so my stuff is in the medicine cabinet for now.

Welcome, Blumenkohl, I certainly wish I'd started DE shaving in 97 like you when I finished with school, went off to university and my stubble got so thick it needed mowing down every day. Unfortunately it was a few years before I ditched the electric then the Mach3.

Last time he was round here, dad said he thought my bathroom had far too much stuff in it, covering just about all the shelf space. I had to agree with him, it has kind of been creeping up over the last few months, so I went out and bought a cheap plastic mini chest of drawers thing which holds nearly all my shaving stuff and fits on the shelf. Doesn't quite manage to have creams, soaps, blades, etc. in different drawers but it will do until I get a proper wall cabinet. One cream, soap and the razors in their holders, my two brushes are the only things left out.

Have to say, looks much neater and tidier than before.

Bythbook's store must put most of us in perspective however! I'd say it's something when you can't get all your shaving gear into the one picture!

I got lucky in our new condo, there is a large linen closet in the bathroom with plenty of shelve space for towels and shave stuff.

I've got a brush, razor, soap or cream, and aftershave in each bathroom. The rest i keep on a shelf in my room. Keeps the sink clutter to a minimum. I'll pick out desired set up, drag it to the bathroom, do my thing, then take back the stuff that was sitting there from the previous shave. This way, if i need a quick shave and some ones in the shower, i'm not sol.

unfortunately, our bathroom has little space so my stuff goes on a tiny little shelf my wife installed for me. she did it as a surprise but the truth is, the shelf only goes out so far which means my shave bowl, badger brush and bowl w/soap puck are literally hanging over the edge. i'm still waiting for my badger brush to fall in the toilet :(

Top Bottom