What's new

Where do you hang your strop?

I'm curious to see some of the ways members here their strops up. I would like to move mine but can't think of a better way to put it anywhere else.

So - post a pic of where/how you hang your strop if you'd like to share!

Towel rack in the bathroom.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1387021919074.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1387021919074.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 265
The one I'm using hangs from the towel rail in the bathroom. The others hang from hooks on the side of my razor display cabinet.

Legion

Staff member
For storage it hangs on a hook on the side of my chest of draws. for use I hook it to a loop of cord on my door knob.

I put a hinge pin door stop on the middle hinge on the bathroom door. Looped a stainless "dog collar ring" over it and I clip my stops to that.

Perfect height, solid as a rock, out of the way yet very convenient and handy.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Popped up the pin on the middle door hinge a smidge; seems to be perfect height and location for me.

Mine are hanging on the back of my closet door in my bedroom. I don't leave them in the bathroom as I don't want the steam to harm the leather (probably something I made up in my head...The steam won't really hurt anything, will it?? LOL)....

Mine are hanging on the back of my closet door in my bedroom. I don't leave them in the bathroom as I don't want the steam to harm the leather (probably something I made up in my head...The steam won't really hurt anything, will it?? LOL)....

Ha. I hung mine in the bathroom for the exact opposite reason. I am under the impression that moisture is good for leather. We need BDF to way in here. He seems to know a lot about leather.

several places,
I have a pad-eye in the bathroom - 3 hang there.
Others hang on drawer pulls on a chest in my work room.
Two others hang on an eye-hook screwed into my bench.
There are others hanging on a hook behind the door to my workroom too.

Legion

Staff member
several places,
I have a pad-eye in the bathroom - 3 hang there.
Others hang on drawer pulls on a chest in my work room.
Two others hang on an eye-hook screwed into my bench.
There are others hanging on a hook behind the door to my workroom too.
It's a sickness, I tells ya!

Yeah - I keep thinking I'm done buying strops but I keep looking.
Havent bought one in a while though, and I just gave a Latigo away to a friend.
So I think. I'm getting better. Lol.

Top Bottom