What's new

Where do you get your watch bands?

Coming back to this thread. One thing that has recently vexed me is the many different VARIETIES of NATO bands. Especially since very few companies seem to spend the time clearly highlighting the difference in their own catalog. For example; Barton has 2 (Jetson and Ballistic). C&B 4 (Standard, Heavy Duty, Premium, Supreme), and BluShark seems to have a million. Are these really that different from each other?

Coming back to this thread. One thing that has recently vexed me is the many different VARIETIES of NATO bands. Especially since very few companies seem to spend the time clearly highlighting the difference in their own catalog. For example; Barton has 2 (Jetson and Ballistic). C&B 4 (Standard, Heavy Duty, Premium, Supreme), and BluShark seems to have a million. Are these really that different from each other?
That is a very good question. I have a bunch of the lower budget offerings, mostly from ebay sellers and cheapestnato so I cannot comment on the ones listed here. I think part of the differences are in hardware quality, such as how thick is the gauge of stainless steel and it's composition (I certainly noticed that when comparing some Perlon straps between each other). And in the cloth material, as in how there are different types & weaves of nylon which effects how they feel and wear. That appears to be the case between the Barton Jetson and Ballistic models for example.

I think you find some differences between all those straps, at least within any one vendor's offerings, but I understand your frustration since there is not really any way to appreciate the differences without holding them in your hand.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Just received a couple of Maratac Straps with titanium hardware for some Ti-cased watches. These are single-pass, heavy duty straps, and are offered in any color so long as it's black. About $20 each, they're what I've been seeking for a Ti Victorinox INOX and Ti Citizen Pro-Tough. Nothing fancy, mind you; they just match the rugged vibe of the watches.

Straps with Ti hardware are just a few of the Maratac straps available; most of their other offerings with SS hardware are available in colors. Just don't go looking for fashionable straps.

As I posted before, My go-to value vendors are StrapsCo and Barton. For my high-end watches, I shop skin straps from Kaufmann, Rios and DiModell--all from Germany, as well as Bros of Italy.

Lately, I've been checking out straps offered on Etsy. Some interesting (and attractively priced) offerings, some of Horween cordovan and Chromexcel leathers, as well as many interesting cuts from Vietnam and the Ukraine.

...I think you find some differences between all those straps, at least within any one vendor's offerings, but I understand your frustration since there is not really any way to appreciate the differences without holding them in your hand.
Definitely agree there. Seems like having some sort of matrix to highlight the differences within a brand would be incredibly helpful. But then, they probably figure people will ultimately decide based on price and design.

Top Bottom