What's new

Where do you get your watch bands?

a couple new additions have short bands.
I have not been very happy with the last couple buys from Amazon.
What brands do you buy, and where from?

a couple new additions have short bands.
I have not been very happy with the last couple buys from Amazon.
What brands do you buy, and where from?

I buy NATO straps from these guys:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crown & Buckle: (2) two-piece leather bands and a NATO. Very happy with both.
Clockwork Synergy: (2) of their Cordura leather, and a RAF NATO. All are excellent. I'm a big fan of the Cordura Leather.
Holben's: (2) cuff/Bund bands from Fluco. Amazing bands.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I’ve got a Chromexel watch strap from E3 Supply Company that’s fantastic and very reasonably priced. Plus, you can’t beat the cool factor of a leather watch strap handmade in a motorcycle shop in Brooklyn.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I normally just look on eBay to see if I can find something that I like. Our local jewellery shop doesn’t have a watchmaker. She does stock some bands but not a lot anymore.

Twist-O-Flex from Speidel for 99.8% of use cases (for me).

I have ordered a few times from cheapestnatostraps and kelaran-usa (ebay) store as well as other stores. Both of those mentioned sellers offer straps of different lengths.
I have wanted to buy a Hirsch strap, one of their performance straps but have not yet.

Crown and Buckle, Barton, Watch Prince. Just also bought an Erika‘s Original based on this thread. Worth checking out.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Strapsco, Crown and Buckle, and Barton. Good quality at reasonable prices--especially if you have an unreasonable number of watches and like to swap out straps. Strapsco has an outstanding selection of silicone rubber straps; Barton stocks RAF style NATO straps, which I prefer to those with metal keepers.

Sometimes shop at Etsy, also, where I've found straps of Horween (Chromexcel and shell cordovan) leather at good prices.

For classic, vintage and vintage style watches, I can usually find a good selection on the Bay.

I like Eulit Perlon woven straps, especially the Kristall and Panama models. They are German made and are very lightweight, very strong, very durable, and are cool to wear in the summer. Easy to wash with a toothbrush and dish soap or in the washing machine inside a wash bag for delicates. In the US the best source I know of is Holben's in Washington State. They sell by their own website, eBay, and Amazon. Very quick delivery, and if I remember right shipping is included in the price of the strap.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’ve ordered but not yet received from forstner and uncle seiko.
Appreciate any other nato strap recommendations

I have used Otto Frei house brand leather bands. They are an institution for all things watch related.

Have also gotten Speidel and Real Leather Creations from Amazon with no issues.

Has anyone had experience with BluShark bands? Their adds keep popping up on my Facebook account. My biggest issue is that they have so many different options that all look and sound the same.

Has anyone had experience with BluShark bands? Their adds keep popping up on my Facebook account. My biggest issue is that they have so many different options that all look and sound the same.
I took a quick look at their home page of favorites. Most of those look like seatbelt natos, which can be had for less in from some places. Though the BluShark looks to have good construction including stainless hardware, so the strap should last decades even if worn nearly every day.

One issue I find with Nato (or perlon) straps is that although they are easy to change up and can be fun to play around with, they work better on some watches than others. If you like to wear your strap a bit loose (or are forced to because of the hole spacing) then a heavy watch head can feel like it is moving the strap around too much. This is where a thicker/stiffer strap might help, but it is balance in heft, comfort, style, etc.

Top Bottom