What's new

Where do you get your Israeli Red Personna Blades

I tried out what I think are the Israeli red personna blades (the blade to the left below). I picked up a sample pack off of the bay. I really like the blade and am looking to pick up 100 or 200 of them.

I know their has been confusion on this blade. Are the ones to the left the same as the ones to the right?

One is marked Super Platnum, made in Israel
the other
simply marked Platnum Chrome with Personna stamped on it.

I like the fact the blue ones are sealed. The ones I picked up on the bay were bulk and some of the wrappers were opened. I assume just from the fact they are glued and the glue dries out. The other thing I like about the sealed ones is they come in the plastic pack for putting your used blades in. Makes it easy to dispose of safely so that none of our furry friends who live in the garbage dumps or workers get sliced up.

Thanks guys.

Chris

**************Updated Info for anyone coming across this post and does not want to read through it. The blades on the left are said to be Crystals and the blades on the right are Israeli Reds despite the way people may label these on ebay or anywhere else you may read. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Well, I just ordered a bunch of the ones in the plastic dispenser. I hope those are the same blades. I'll let you all know next week when they arrive.

I think the blades on the left are Crystals. Still a good blade. Some say that they're the same exact blade as the Red IPs, but I don't find them to shave the same. Hope it works out well for you!

They are not the same, but I do have both. I bought them all through ebay. The reds are a little more expensive than the others, but I used the others (isreali personna) for 5 years before I discovered the reds. I think you can get both via razorbladesandmore on ebay, and he's also a member here.

The one on the left is the Crystal, aka Super Platinum. Bulk box of 100 from multiple sellers on ebay somewhere around $18 usually.

The one on the right is the "Red Pack Isreali Personna"
The ones I've used come in a red cardboard pak of 5 ea from WCS, with the red wrapper shown.
I wasn't aware they came in plastic 10 paks...

IMHO they are not the same blade.
Both Israeli, both Personna, but for me shave noticably different. I prefer the RPIP.

YMMV

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The one on the left is indeed Crystal, while the right is the Red Personna or "Israeli Reds"

I prefer the RP's over the Crystal's.

Thanks guys... Well I already ordered a hundred of the ones on the right (plastic pack in red wrapper) thinking they were the same.

Tell me the Reds (on the right) are as forgiving as the ones on the left. Hopefully they are.

I originally bought the Crystals as you guys say (the ones on the left) off of ebay to try them out (thinking they were the Israeli reds) and have to say they are a good blade. So Crystals are good for anyone who comes across this post.

The ones on the right are sold in different packaging now. Instead of the plastic with built in blade bank they now come in red cardboard boxes.

I got mine from WCS, but I believe Shaving.ie has them at a good price too. If you want more of them I think they have 200 for about $22. Not sure how much shipping is coming from Ireland but when I checked prices a few months ago I think it was reasonable.

Top Bottom