What's new

Where can I purchase small amounts of tobacco

Hey all,
I found a local "smoke shop" that sells Missouri Meerschaum Cobs and I'll be picking one up this weekend. They don't have a large selection of pipe tobacco but I'll be picking up 1 or 2 to start with. I was wondering though if there is an online retailer that sells small amounts, like 1 or 2 bowls worth, so that I can try different types/blends without having to buy something that I may not like? Thanks all.

Back when I smoked Tobacco in a pipe I bought from a tobacco shop in town that had a smoking room. You could take your pipe into the Humidor and fill your pipe with whatever you wanted to test. Go to the smoking side and fire it up. Sit in a recliner and watch sports on the TV. BS with others enjoying a smoke.

So look around your town. You might find a smoke shop like it.

BTW, I gave up tobacco by vaping for 3 years. When I decided to quit that it was only hard for the first week. After that, it was just breaking the habit of stuffing things in your mouth that was hard.

A lot of shops around here will let you fill your bowl and smoke it. I'd try to at least buy pipe cleaners or an ounce of something i like. Some places may charge a quarter.

Just depends on the shop.

I got PIFd a lot of samples I and ounces of blends I knew I would never reach for before I moved. I cleared out a dozen or so jars. Same amount of jars to move but they were a bit lighter 🙃

That PIF was in the Stock Exchange. So that dollar paid off well for someone!

Several online vendors offer sample packs. I personally use cupojoes and order 2 ounces of several tobaccos at a time when I'm in the mood to try new stuff. Many tobaccos for under $3 per ounce. If you do wind up with a couple of ounces of something you aren't crazy for, you can always mix it with tried and true favorites later to not waste it. I have only found one tobacco that I'm not crazy over that I also don't think will mix so well (Erinmore mixture). Even then, I occasionally will have a bowl of it. Sometimes I find it's not so bad after all (though usually when I have another bowl of it back to back, I remember I don't care for it so much). Some tobaccos get much better with age as well. I understand being concerned over spending gobs of money on tobacco you just don't like at all. Approach it with an open mind, be creative on what to do with a blend you aren't crazy over, and you are unlikely to have a bunch of money in tobaccos you don't like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom