What's new

where can I get designer ties cheap?

Do you have a Century 21 store near you? There are a few of them here in NY, but I don't know if it's a national chain. They have a great selection of designer ties, at very reasonable prices.

Nordstrom Rack, if you have one near you. It's Nordstrom's discount store. You can also sometimes get lucky at a Ross, but that's very hit or miss.

You can definitely find some extremely good ties for extremely good prices at Nordstrom Rack, but you need to know what you're looking for. To find true designer ties, I would recommend www.tiedeals.com.

Nordstrom Rack, if you have one near you. It's Nordstrom's discount store. You can also sometimes get lucky at a Ross, but that's very hit or miss.

looks like there's one near me. what kind of deals can I expect? if I were to go to Macy's, their ties are generally $50, but they have the occasional 50% off sale. is the Nordstrom Rack pretty competitive?

if I were to go to Macy's, their ties are generally $50, but they have the occasional 50% off sale.

I was just going to recommend Macy's. They have a coupon online for in store purchases and they're having sales to push out materials for their Christmas stuff right now.

Bought a new pair of Levi's 550's, two really nice ties, and two button downs for $93.

I'm not sure if it really counts as "designer," but some of my favorite ties have came from the Brooks Brother's outlet store. They usually have a tie clearance section for $10-$20 a pop and at least in my experience they are every bit as good as the ones you buy in the regular stores.

+1

Very good deals here. For ties, dress shirts, sweaters, etc., it's great.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Sierra Trading Post sells several brands.

Also, most vendors will have sales twice a year (about January-ish and July-ish) when they clear out their old stock and bring in the stuff for the new season, so that's when to snap up a few deals.

Did feilene's basement go out of business? I know the one near me shut down... they were damn good for ties. And in general. I kind of saw it as between a Nordstrom Rack and a Ross or TJ Maxx. I once found a selection of fendi and gucci ties for around $30, IIRC.

bah. went to Nordstrom Rack today and didn't think their prices were bargains. I ended up going to Marshalls and picked up a Kenneth Cole dress shirt for $20

+1 to those who recommended TJMaxx. My girlfriend loves that store and I never would have thought to check there but now I just stop by TJMaxx or Marshalls every now and then to see the tie rack and their selection of dress shirts. Each time I go I always find something nice for VERY cheap. Designer ties for 10ish bucks and nice dress shirts for 15-30 bucks.

+1 to those who recommended TJMaxx. My girlfriend loves that store and I never would have thought to check there but now I just stop by TJMaxx or Marshalls every now and then to see the tie rack and their selection of dress shirts. Each time I go I always find something nice for VERY cheap. Designer ties for 10ish bucks and nice dress shirts for 15-30 bucks.

I think TJMaxx is the only place I haven't checked yet. I like Marshalls but their selection is fairly limited. It's hard enough finding a dress shirt in a color and size that suits me -- luckily the Marshalls at the Mall of America had a slightly better selection. I'm quite pleased with the Kenneth Cole dress shirt I got...it's a light blue with tonal stripes.

I think TJMaxx is the only place I haven't checked yet. I like Marshalls but their selection is fairly limited. It's hard enough finding a dress shirt in a color and size that suits me -- luckily the Marshalls at the Mall of America had a slightly better selection. I'm quite pleased with the Kenneth Cole dress shirt I got...it's a light blue with tonal stripes.

TJMaxx and Marshalls are essentially the same store...or the same idea at least. From what my girlfriend has told my TJMaxx tends to have a bit more "high end" stuff in comparison to Marshalls but in either one you can find high end stuff for really cheap. The key is to just stop by regularly...once every few weeks or so to check out what they have. The selection varies quite greatly and changes frequently. I have recently needed to get dress shirts and ties for substitute teaching and fieldwork (observing in a school) so this is why I make it a point to stop by these places every now and again...slowly building up a nice looking but cheap work wardrobe.

My TJ Maxx has some nice ties right now. I picked up a Brooks Bros "irregular" 2 weeks ago for $15 and couldn't find anything wrong with it. They've got a nice variety of Italian, English and American ties.

Top Bottom