What's new

Where Can I Buy Mexican Coke/Pepsi (Canadian)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Passover starts 11April this year. Look around for Passover Coke which is made with cane sugar. Same stuff pretty much aside from the Jewish dietary inspection requirements.
Just look for the yellow cap, baby.

Great article re the origin of Kosher for Passover Coke.
<Ryan says such a response to the Jewish community is nothing out of the ordinary; The Coca-Cola Company has a history of making products consumers want.>
The Coca-Cola Company also has a history of not providing US customers the sugar rather than HFCS products they want. Pepsi is doing better in this regard. I do not understand why based on my own blind taste tests the original issue of sugar based Pepsi in the US was better than what came out later, and why the Mexican Pepsi is not so much better than US regular Pepsi.
I have never seem Kosher for Passover Coke in anything other than the larger plastic bottles. I agree that glass and probably the smaller package makes a difference.
By the way, as far as I know all Coke is Kosher. Not all Coke is Kosher for Passover primarily because of the "leavened grain" issue, but also the cleaning of equipment or use of specific equipment for food for Passover.

Thanks for all the replies guys. After long hours of google searching I found a online Canadian retailer that had some in stock and just placed an order. Costed a boat load of $$$$$$$$$$ more so in shipping cost but you only live once.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Somewhere in the archives of this site is my classic tale of the Pepsi Challenge from 1980. One of my personal archivers will probably dig it up.

Ha! Perhaps I won't even bother. I can get Mexican Coke too easy.
Did not mean to discourage you! I like the stuff and am glad to see Coke USA taking baby steps toward what the public might really want, so we should encourage them. In part depend on how one feels about stevia and reducing caloric intake is a worthy goal! I like stevia.

Did not mean to discourage you! I like the stuff and am glad to see Coke USA taking baby steps toward what the public might really want, so we should encourage them. In part depend on how one feels about stevia and reducing caloric intake is a worthy goal! I like stevia.

Understood. :001_smile

I will probably just pick some up for kicks.

I don't always drink soda but when I do…it's Mexican Coke.
IMG_4702.JPG

I don't always drink soda but when I do…it's Mexican Coke.
View attachment 779030
Wow that looks familiar. Is that Nogales? (Could be an authentic Mexican place anywhere I suppose!) Nogales is the only place I have had the medio litro size!

Mexican Coke and some lime goes well with any ole incredibly expensive rum, BTW! I do not believe in half-way cocktail ingredients.

No, not Nogales though I know what you mean. This is just anywhere SoCal. Happens to be just minutes from the kids school. In modern day 2017, thanks to previous administrations and Sacramento Libs, California is basically Mexico. I don't say that to be good or bad, it just is…but I digress. Love Mexican Coke with Carne Asada tacos.

<I don't say that to be good or bad,>
Probably a definite good when it comes to relatively inexpensive food and better quality soda!

Christopher, Night and day, I do not think so. My first impression of a Mexican Coke, though, was "this is what Coke tasted like and was otherwise like when I was a kid." I do not drink a lot of regular American Coke, or any high caloric American soda, I admit. It seems to me that the Mexican Coke has a distinctly lighter mouth feel and a cleaner sweetness that lacks a certain earthiness the American version has. Think of what sweetening a frosty glass of iced tea with pure cane sugar is like. Now imagine sweetening that same iced tea with some Karo corn syrup. Coca Cola would tell you they taste exactly the same. Who are you going to believe, Coca Cola or your own lying taste buds and nose? Also, the Mexican Coke seems to have a finer, smaller bubbled carbonation. As is true for Champagne, I am guessing finer bubbles mean better taste. I would also not be surprised is if the ingredients for Mexican Coke were also not somewhat different than regular American Coke. As I mentioned, I do not find the difference between American Pepsi and Mexican Pepsi to be so different!

I miss "edit." Anyway, tastes is pretty subjective and I would not be surprised if many folks cannot perceive a difference. The only way to really test these things to a true blind test. I would love to hear the results from such tests.

Also in the American versions, I have long preferred Pepsi, whereas the Mexican version of Coke seems to me to easily be a the top of all colas. (For diet colas, I would say I like Diet Rite best, with those stevia sweetened colas in second place.

I miss "edit." Anyway, tastes is pretty subjective and I would not be surprised if many folks cannot perceive a difference. The only way to really test these things to a true blind test. I would love to hear the results from such tests.

Also in the American versions, I have long preferred Pepsi, whereas the Mexican version of Coke seems to me to easily be a the top of all colas. (For diet colas, I would say I like Diet Rite best, with those stevia sweetened colas in second place.

I plan to do a blind test when they arrive, I got a couple Orange Fanta's just for the heck of it. In past blind tests I've never been wrong yet but based on your Pepsi comment I'm going to have fun trying to tell them apart.

Top Bottom