What's new

Where can I buy cheap whey protein online?

Hey everyone. I'm looking to start lifting weights again which means I'm on the market for some whey protein. I used to buy my protein at GNC, but I've heard that I can get a much better deal if I buy online than from a store. I've looked in a few places, but I don't want to jump on the first product that I see. I'm not too fussy on taste (except from chocolate) and I'm looking to buy in bulk. I'm really just looking for a basic, simple why protein. Not something that promises unbelievable results, but something that is well reviewed and has a good reputation. Thanks in advance.

Thanks man. 57.99 for 5 lbs is not bad at all. Would you happen to remember how much it comes to with shipping?

It looks like orders over $25 ship for free. Also, if you are an Amazon Prime member, they have it for the same price w/free shipping.

I have used that same brand before and have no complaints whatsoever.

Have a nearby Costco / Costco membership? They recently started carrying 6lb bags of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold, which is typically a great value protein, for a lower price-per-serving than Amazon. If not, I'd say Amazon is your friend.

I might try Costco, I've mostly been buying it from Walmart which has Body Fortress and 6 Star for a decent price. I don't see the point in paying for "designer" whey that is so expensive when it's just whey and your body doesn't know how much it costs. As long as the company isn't playing with the numbers with amino spiking or gelatin then it's all the same but even if you are paying a premium price it doesn't mean they aren't playing with the numbers either.

I might try Costco, I've mostly been buying it from Walmart which has Body Fortress and 6 Star for a decent price. I don't see the point in paying for "designer" whey that is so expensive when it's just whey and your body doesn't know how much it costs. As long as the company isn't playing with the numbers with amino spiking or gelatin then it's all the same but even if you are paying a premium price it doesn't mean they aren't playing with the numbers either.

Well the thing about the wal mart brand stuff is that it has alot more carbs in it than say, optimum nutrition. I havent bought it in a while but I remember the serving size being way bigger for the same amount of protein, just alot of filler.

I usually buy through Amazon, Lucky Vitamin or Vitacost. I used GNC initially too, but they are relatively expensive for most products.

GNC is overpriced. I always get Spiru-Tein from Vitacost. Just make sure to read the ingredients label on whichever powder you choose. Most protein powders have extremely unhealthy fillers in there.

+1

or occasionally True Nutrition. Customizable and fairly priced, but the shipping cost is insane unless you're buying a decent quantity.

Quick note, today I switched from 6 Star to Body Fortress since it looks like 6 Star engages in amino acid spiking but Body Fortress looks to be pure whey. Also, body fortress has less carbs and fat.

Top Bottom