What's new

Where can I buy a strop?

Yesterday I received an Imperial straight razor at the Denver B&B Meet.
Thanks, Jerry!
I need advice on what to look for and where I might buy one.
This is all new to me.
Thanks!

Congrats on the razor. Buy cheap-ish strop you can practice on. Once you have the technique sorted you can buy a better one online. Finding strops online should not be a problem, google is your friend.

Some folks also strop on rolled up newspaper, or newspaper with a soft backing, others strop on hand and forearms but I would rather opt for newspaper. Newspaper works well, some threads here and plenty online (google & youtube)

Congrats on the razor. Buy cheap-ish strop you can practice on. Once you have the technique sorted you can buy a better one online. Finding strops online should not be a problem, google is your friend.

Some folks also strop on rolled up newspaper, or newspaper with a soft backing, others strop on hand and forearms but I would rather opt for newspaper. Newspaper works well, some threads here and plenty online (google & youtube)

Thanks!
I appreciate the advice.

Good advice to start to practice on an inexpensive strop, take a look @ Tony Millers strops @ Heirloom strop co. His work is excellent and he is a pleasure to work with!

Hi Ed. Happy to help get you on the Straight Road. LOL
Tony Miller is a great guy and will fix you up. If you contact him and ask his opinion he will get you in order. He has a strop for newbies.
Also, Whippeddog.com sell a poor man's strop and a Richman's strop. Both are reasonably priced. Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.

Hi Ed. Happy to help get you on the Straight Road. LOL
Tony Miller is a great guy and will fix you up. If you contact him and ask his opinion he will get you in order. He has a strop for newbies.
Also, Whippeddog.com sell a poor man's strop and a Richman's strop. Both are reasonably priced. Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks, Jerry.
I will call him.
I appreciate it!

I exchanged emails with Tony Miller and I'm going to get one of his entry level strops to get started. I'm watching videos and looing forward to my first shave.
Thanks!

Top Bottom