What's new

Where can I buy a stand that will hold both my brush and any razor I want?

actually I think it would look better using copper plumbing.

Yes, it would--although then it would also require proper fitting, probably solder, a good deal of "rasping the rough edges with a half-round bastard", polish, and then a coat of some sort of lacquer or some such so that it didn't tarnish/corrode. It'd also cost a lot more and be harder to extend (since the PVC version just sort of slots together, you can upgrade it pretty easily--for example, the one I show in the instructable has since been upgraded by taking the tee that holds the razor, turning it sideways, connecting two more tees to the ends, and thus now holds two razors, my HD and my slant bar.

Still, I may try it in copper someday just for grins--I bet it WOULD actually look pretty cool (heh heh heh).

vputz said:
Yes, it would--although then it would also require proper fitting, probably solder, a good deal of "rasping the rough edges with a half-round bastard", polish, and then a coat of some sort of lacquer or some such so that it didn't tarnish/corrode. It'd also cost a lot more and be harder to extend (since the PVC version just sort of slots together, you can upgrade it pretty easily--for example, the one I show in the instructable has since been upgraded by taking the tee that holds the razor, turning it sideways, connecting two more tees to the ends, and thus now holds two razors, my HD and my slant bar.

Still, I may try it in copper someday just for grins--I bet it WOULD actually look pretty cool (heh heh heh).

Wow... sounds like more work than I would have expected. Truth is I know next to nothing about plumbing so, eh oh well. :tongue_sm

Gatorade said:
Try on Ebay. I picked up this set which I am sure can hold a DE for under $20

proxy.php

This auction also had a couple razors and a brush. I plan on just using the stand but if the brush is in good condition then that is a bonus. The razors can be cleaned up as well. I was really happy to have won it.

Gatorade, can you PM me with a photo of that wooden handled razor on that stand? Looks similar to the old Ralph Lauren I had...if it was, I'd like to buy it from you. Mostly nostalgic, since it was that old Ralph Lauren I had that I learned to shave on. They came with bottles of Polo for a while.

catatonic said:
Gatorade, can you PM me with a photo of that wooden handled razor on that stand? Looks similar to the old Ralph Lauren I had...if it was, I'd like to buy it from you. Mostly nostalgic, since it was that old Ralph Lauren I had that I learned to shave on. They came with bottles of Polo for a while.

Has not arrived yet but when it does, I will.

catatonic said:

Got it yesterday. The brush sheds a little but that was during agressive cleaning so I will have to see when I use some creams. As far as the razor goes it isn't wood handled. It is completely chrome. I will try to get some pics up in a couple days. Getting ready for a vacation and may not have time to snap pics.

thanks everybody but i managed to pick up a set from ebay for $18 shipped

from the pictures it looks like its in really nice condition

we'll see when it gets here

htownmmm said:
I have one which i am using to hold my brush, but its useless in holding any DE. However, it will work for the mach 3 type razors and their assorted ilk.

Marty

Hmm, odd I thought it would have worked with a DE, maybe not hanging, but lying in the groove on the top so the handle is parallel with the counter and the head hanging off one side. Eh, oh well. Good to know though because I was considering that as a stand. Guess not though.

Top Bottom