What's new

Where are you going?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Are you going somewhere tomorrow, or already there?

We were supposed to go to sister-in-law's in town so SWMBO got a 13 pound turkey, but SIL decided to go to step-daughter's in Austin. We are just staying home and cooking the turkey and sides. Pecan pie was made today.

Just as well. Supposed to deluge rain tonight and for the next few days. Ain't traveling. Nothing like the monster storms the people up north are having though.

Staying home with close family. My wife's family has nothing to do with us and my folks are 17 hours away. However, all but one of the kids will be over. One is going to her boyfriend's parents for Thanksgiving.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Already there- in Fredericksburg TX. It is my favorite part of Texas. We come down here every few years, and usually stay in a cabin outside of town. We spent Thanksgiving and Christmas week in the hospital last year, and didn’t feel like hosting this year. We will have a simple dinner tomorrow- turkey breast, cauliflower, stuffing, and sweet potatoes. Just me and the wife, no hurry, playing it by ear. Just relaxing and enjoying each other’s company.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Due to some family shifting and a couple other factors, this is the first year in almost 20 that we aren't travelling for Thanksgiving.

Going to the in laws as usual. They are wonderful hosts. It’s an hour drive normally but I’m anticipating it will be more like two hours. We will leave early and help where needed or just relax. The dramatic brother in law chose to spend thanksgiving at Disney Land. So it will be a quiet gathering.

hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving wherever you are.

We were supposed to go to my sister's house, but they had to evacuate due to the plant that exploded. I ran to the store last night and bought a Turkey breast roast and some other things. Made a sweet potato pie last night and fresh cranberry sauce. My daughter and I just mixed up some fruit cake that will go in the oven when the Turkey is done. It's just us which is odd. We normally rotate between hosting and other families houses.

All my children and their families are coming to our house. An 18 lb bird is in the oven. Will be served with Italian stuffing, cornbread pudding, green beans, stuffed mushrooms, baked cauliflower, and salad. Before the meal various appetizers.

I am in the process of moving this week. So juggling the multi-family dinner opportunities SWMBO and I decided that we were to tired to go anywhere. One of her students had an extra turkey so we had a fresh turkey. It was kind of nice to just have a nice quiet dinner in our new house.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The wife and I are alone at a cabin outside Fredericksburg, TX. We had a turkey breast, dressing, sweet potato, and cauliflower. Didn’t want to go to crazy. Yesterday we stopped at HEB and picked up two prime rib eyes for tonight.

Top Bottom