What's new

When you saw Julian Assange was the first thing you thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shocked - I thought it was THIS guy:

David-Letterman.jpg

Never understood the "Mountain Man" look. I mean, short of actually BEING a mountain man, do people really think it looks "good". I mean, by all means grow a beard . . . I am jealous of those who can grow more than my simple goatee. But there is something to be said for neatness, and trimming.

Meh . . . as for Assange, actions have consequences.

Be kind! Remember that he has been confined to the Ecuadorian embassy for nearly seven years and has not been able to visit the wonderful shaving shops in London.

Once he gets locked up in a US Federal Penitentiary, I suspect he will get a shave and a haircut at Uncle Sam's expense.

No. The first thing I thought was how horrible this attack on the free press is. It is NOT illegal to tell the truth about the crimes of government.

No. The first thing I thought was how horrible this attack on the free press is. It is NOT illegal to tell the truth about the crimes of government.

The free press is entitled to publish any truthful information obtained through legal sources. The press is not allowed to publish information known to be false. Neither is the free press allowed to publish classified information obtained illegally. Assange is currently under arrest for violating the terms of his bail agreement. It remains to be seen whether he will ever be tried on charges of espionage.

Not the first thing I thought but I do agree. There are things I dislike about him. The release of some of that information put lives in danger. He was however, not the one that stole the information. His biggest problem is that he embarrassed many in DC on both sides of the aisle by saying the emperor has no clothes. Funny how many "journalists" are against him. If the free press isn't dead it is on life-support.

He was reckless and an accessory and perpetrator of wrongdoing, no matter how noble his intent was.

He looks like someone that's gone off the rails.

The first thing I thought of was how close to the truth some of the 2015 UK comedy called ASYLUM may have been. It's a 3-part series on Amazon Prime and it's a riot. Besides the self-absorbed, wanted leaker of state secrets, played to perfection by Ben Miller (the first and best Death In Paradise inspector), the embassy soon gets bored with Miller and gives asylum to a wacko computer hacker called Ludo Backslash. They stick them in the same little (former supply) closet trying to force Miller to leave. A must watch.

Whistle blowers are supposed to be protected, and he did expose many war crimes..However, to expose family secrets ( a mistress etc ) about the President of a country who is giving you asylum is pretty stupid, he asked for the expulsion...As far as real unbiased, unfiltered news in America, it's buried, you have to look on the net, which they would love to control like they do the TV " news " here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom