What's new

When TV and media get facts wrong

My daughter (50s) frequently calls my wife from out of State, complaining how news stories every night aggravate her and her boyfriend to no end. My wife tells her that we don't have that problem because we stopped watching TV news years ago. I get up in the morning and, over coffee, check the headlines from both sides on half-dozen news sites. Same ol', same ol'. I rarely need to waste my time reading the articles.

Life motto: if banging your head against a wall gives you a headache, the solution is to just stop.

My daughter (50s) frequently calls my wife from out of State, complaining how news stories every night aggravate her and her boyfriend to no end. My wife tells her that we don't have that problem because we stopped watching TV news years ago. I get up in the morning and, over coffee, check the headlines from both sides on half-dozen news sites. Same ol', same ol'. I rarely need to waste my time reading the articles.

Life motto: if banging your head against a wall gives you a headache, the solution is to just stop.
hahahahh media would say pad your wall or get a helmet or everyone bashes there head and its OK OR if you are on the opposite side of what they want to push you are a freak and need attention or something worse :)

I am 57 I once in a while mention something or my dad does about current events he is 89 but we both agree don't let it get to you don't let it effect you if you do YOU are in control just do not turn it on ! but those days of common sense are gone I reckon :)

I watch a bit of the news once in a while but its entertainment these days as entertainment sucks these days :)
otherwise I hang out on shaving forums for fun entertainment
or bicycle forums
or sewing forums
as a full time photographer photography forums I stay away from for the most part :) so I do not hang out on those at all they are kinda like the news :) hahahahahahahah

proxy.php

Kids today ask who’s that old guy and what’s that flag he’s holding?

That was only five presidents ago when I was in social studies class. It's now eleven presidents ago, and a few other important things have happened since then (including improvements in the science of polling) so I can't quite blame kids for not having this front of mind anymore.

My 16-year-old recognized it when I showed it to her, so there's that. And why would we need to waste time driving information printed on paper to everyone's individual houses anymore? Seems like a lot of extra work for no good reason. :biggrin:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Smithsonian Channel you say?…..I recall in the upside down baseplate thread the Smithsonian Museum had a double edge razor on display with an upside down baseplate.

So there’s that.

Do you ever read your local or state health department restaurant inspection website? That’s also fun if you don’t eat out 🤠/QUOTE]

Nah! My wife and I, married over 50 years, rarely eat out more than a couple times a year and usually stick to our favorites. I think we've only eaten out once in the past year and a half, and that was at a local pizza place in May. Our favorite prime rib and Italian places, where we celebrated birthdays and anniversaries for years, closed during the pandemic. Not sure when or if they'll reopen. If they do, we'll go back.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yeah but I have a thing for the girl that reads the weather on the local TV at 5 in the morning. In fact, I'd better get to bed or I'll miss her!
Demetria Obilor made me very interested in DFW rush hour traffic, even though I work second shift and never see it. :)

Top Bottom