What's new

When the goal is NOT to conceal:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
My Colt Army Special made in 1919 and my Don Hume Jordan from the late 1970s early 1980s IIRC:

Jordan-01.jpg

Jordan-02.jpg

Jordan-04.jpg

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
My Colt Army Special made in 1919...
What’s in a name? Apparently not enough for the U.S. Army to adopt the Colt Army Special as their official sidearm ... opting instead to go big bore with Colt’s large frame New Service revolver & M1911 pistol.

That said, long live the Army Special (which, I suppose it has in the Official Police), the .32-20 & Robert Johnson, too...

1928 transitional (OP frame/AS grips & barrel) .32-20, 5” Army Special that still gets carried ... in a gun rug, from the safe to the range & then back again.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
What’s in a name? Apparently not enough for the U.S. Army to adopt the Colt Army Special as their official sidearm ... opting instead to go big bore with Colt’s large frame New Service revolver & M1911 pistol.

Got that covered as well and it to does not conceal well.

Colt New Service in an old Hunter rig:
proxy.php

S&W Brazillian Contract 1917 with a BBQ rig:
proxy.php

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Then you carry a Ruger Redhawk .480

I was on jury duty for the US District court one time and the case was determining if a felon had possession of the handgun. Two dealers riding around in an SUV selling. The gun was in the console between them, both parties claimed it wasn't theres. Federal case because the gun was stolen from a neighboring state. Anyway the gun came around in a plastic bag for all of the jury to look at. One could see where if someone were to have an issue with a customer simply presenting that as a talking point would clear up many matters.

Found the dude guilty in our state if the gun is within your reach, it's in your possession. He got 78 months as it was his second time.

The trial was fun. Much more interesting than two neighbors fighting over a property line. The most interesting was the undercover officers that came to testify. The case I was on was a side story to a larger bust. Most of the undercover officers, if you saw them on the street, you would walk to the other side of the street to avoid them. Which is what they need to be like to do their job.

Really enjoy seeing all these revolvers in leather holster pic's.

I always felt good having a revolver on my hip for open carry. Whether it was out in the woods camping, hiking trails or somewhere you could go shooting in the middle of nowhere.

Top Bottom