What's new

when the forehead gets higher and higher: which haircut?

Today after the hairdresser my wife greeted me with: "Oh no! It looks like you have a toupee! Why did you get your hair cut so short?"

...so please what do you ask to your hairdresser to avoid these situation?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm using a pomade hair product.. first time I've used anything since I was in second grade and a flat top... I'm almost 69... so it was Butch Wax back then... but I can signal planes overhead with my forehead now... so I'm combing it straight back with gunk in it to keep it there.

I was going to go very short but my barber talked me out of it... this was 6 weeks ago now... my wife thanked her. ;)

The caesar cut lets you brush your hair forward and you can keep some length. Supposedly the style used by Julius Caesar when he had the receding hairline problem. Modern versions can be textured to avoid overly sharp lines.

1648851609933.png
1648851803737.png

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The caesar cut lets you brush your hair forward and you can keep some length. Supposedly the style used by Julius Caesar when he had the receding hairline problem. Modern versions can be textured to avoid overly sharp lines.

View attachment 1432902View attachment 1432904
I have strange hair.... it doesn't lay down all that well in a short or medium cut.... it was down to my shoulders 6 weeks ago.. I now have trimmed with a 2 or a 1 on the sides... blended in to a medium length on the top, brushed back. I'm 69... well, almost. So it isn't a big deal for me.

If you can see any scalp from more than an arms length than the gig is up according the females in my circle.
Perhaps because women don't usually go bald themselves? 🤣

Anyway, women in groups are the most harsh and critical. Individually, they tend to be a bit more tolerant and forgiving.

however I recently started massaging my scalp because I noticed that in the areas where I have thinner hair, the scalp seemed to stick to the skull and this seemed to me not good for blood circulation. And then after shampooing I like to put a little rosemary hair lotion in the palm of my hand. I really like the scent and it is with the lotion that I massage and tap the scalp. I also find it relaxing

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
however I recently started massaging my scalp because I noticed that in the areas where I have thinner hair, the scalp seemed to stick to the skull and this seemed to me not good for blood circulation. And then after shampooing I like to put a little rosemary hair lotion in the palm of my hand. I really like the scent and it is with the lotion that I massage and tap the scalp. I also find it relaxing

Rosemary spice is the shizzle! Its my secret ingredient to my Spaghetti sauce, it gives the spaghetti some extra kick, for that more true Italian flavor. Most restaurants don't even bother serving spaghetti, cause their version of it, is dumping ketchup over noodles. And even American Italian restaurants like the Olive Garden, not even they can do spaghetti the way I like it. lol

as an Italian I can confirm that rosemary is a spice with a special aroma. I don't know how you cook spaghetti but here in Italy we have prejudices about how you cook them. I can confirm, however, that my mother used to put it in the Sunday sauce with which she combines gnocchi and other fresh pasta. She also cooked meat rolls with cooked ham and cheese with the sauce! My shizzle dish is the basil pesto though!
Rosemary spice is the shizzle!

I naturally comb to the side -- I have very straight hair. And my forehead is receding as I age. So when it recedes a bit more, likely in the not too distant future, I will go with a short buzz cut. The nice thing is, as I age I really dont care what anyone else thinks about my hair style.

I naturally comb to the side -- I have very straight hair. And my forehead is receding as I age. So when it recedes a bit more, likely in the not too distant future, I will go with a short buzz cut. The nice thing is, as I age I really dont care what anyone else thinks about my hair style.

I started losing hair in my late 20s and when I turned 40, I just went with a buzz cut.

I must be going through a growth spurt as I seem to be growing through my hair. I can see myself in the not too distant future dragging a DE out of retirement for head shaves. Might also help get through my pile of blades I no longer use.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I too vote for buzz cuts. Beauty with those, you can do them yourself, no need to have a barber do it. Get the Wahl Magic Clip, and your good to go!

Also, that actor was perfect for the role.

Top Bottom