What's new

When showering : do you wash with your hands or a washcloth?

When showering : do you wash with your hands or a washcloth?

• Hands

• Washcloth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
"Washandje" ... but I never see those abroad.

proxy.php

(It is a kind of terrycloth glove that is very common here. But abroad I normally only see washcloths).

+1 very common in The Netherlands, but as far a I know rare abroad. I use it once after which I throw it in the laundry together with the towel I usedl

Last edited:
+1 very common in The Netherlands, but as far a I know rare abroad. I use it once after which I throw it in the laundry together with the towel I usedl
Mystic Waters carries a very similar version made of something like hemp, I believe. The looser weave supposed help
the water drain from the soap, extending the soap's useful life! who knows??
But, as I posted above my dermatologist warned me off such things EXCEPT for the armpits and crotch... too rough
on neck, back, chest, arms and legs, I guess.
I'm not generally a "germa phobic" type, but using the hands to lather up does seem a bit more hygienic, but, hey,
that's just me.

Hands, and a long handled brush for my back. Lufas et al are magnets for molds and other nasties. I take care to clean the back brush as best I can but I discard them after 6 months or so anyway and start fresh.

Loofah as it's the only thing that lathers. I have no problems replacing a $2 product that actually does the job the best.

I have sensitive skin and was told by my dermatologist that a washcloth can carry laundry detergent or other allergens in the fibers that can cause breakouts and just to use unscented, white dove soap and apply with my hands. He said your hands are just as effective of an applicator as a loofa or washcloth or whatever the heck. This guy was the first doctor who didnt prescribe 10 different creams and compounds that didnt work or made my problem worse. His suggestion, oddly enough was the only one that worked. Have had almost zero acne or dried out inflamed skin in 3 years since just by doing this

Indeed! Great advice, IMHO.

For 40 years I used a terry cloth washcloth and it worked wonderfully until I developed sensitive skin. I use my hands only now upon advice and example of others on the forums and have had excellent results. Seems some folks can over-exfoliate using an abrasive like a washcloth, loofah or poof.

I also work on cars and get greasy dirty and this method STILL work wonders without irritation.

You will get squeaky clean using only your hands and a bar of soap (supermarket Yardley works great!). Give it a shot for a month and notice if there's any difference. I don't think you notice anything.

Chris

A local soap maker that I get shaving soap from makes these soap sacks that a bar fits into. Its is basically a wash cloth with a bar of soap inside it. Works pretty good the only downside is a bar of soap does not last as long as normal due to staying somewhat wet after each use. Pretty cool idea though. I personally use a wash cloth and a bar of handmade soap...nothing like it IMHO!

if i am using a bar of soap i will just rub the bar on my body. but if im using body wash i will use one of those puff ball sponge for the lather.

I just use my hands and a bar of soap. I use to use body wash and a loofah but I couldn't find any thing that had a "soap" smell so I switched back to bars of soap and plus it was easier using soap when deployed because you don't have to worry about the body wash getting smashed and going all over.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I recently picked up a natural sponge. Wow the difference between a natural sponge and loofa is magical.

mostly my hands but sometimes i pull out the sea sponge or the loofah for extra scrubbing.

i tend to use a good quality bar of soap, not drying, or bronners citrus liquid soap.

Top Bottom