What's new

When It Rains It Pours!!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I'm not a very smart man.
I repeatedly tell myself that I'm not a spring chicken anymore.
But I always seem to disremember this simple fact.

I need a favor from y'all; my fellow drinkers of all things alcohol.

I'm currently taking Antibiotics for an infection.
Then this last Friday I was doing 22 year old stuff in my 52 year old body.
Result: Lower back sprain
So I am stuck here in pain and unable to partake in an adult beverage.
Oh the humanity of it all.

So please permit me to live vicariously through you!
i know there is a "what are you drinking tonight thread" but I'm having a pity party and being selfish and want one all to myself just for a short time.
Thank you!!
marty

proxy.php

martym

I broke down and went to the doctor today and she gave me some candy for the pain and spasms.

Nothing like the Morphine I was administered many years ago at Martin Army Community Hospital at Fort Benning, Ga.

And nothing like a few shots of Barrel Proof Anything!!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Go easy on the r/x there ;)
I'm sure the course of antibiotics will be over soon. In the meantime I've enjoyed an IPA from six point brewery.

Be certain to stay regular, my lower back doesn't take well to pressure from within. Morphine can shut down elimination nerve comms effortlessly while you use it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Since you are not getting a love of love here I'll add that you can distract yourself from the pain with heavy doses of on line shopping. so many shave supplies out there.

martym

Thanks guys for putting a smile on my face.

The more than 3,000mgs of antibiotics I am taking daily are making sure I have no problem with being regular.
I am doing without morphine. I was only remembering how quickly it got rid of the pain.

I am doing better now and walking around. Still getting spasms but not as bad. I think this is the worst i have ever hurt myself.

Guinness Extra Stout is my 2nd favorite beer.
My favorite of all is Sam Adams Black Lager.
Sadly, I cannot find it here in South Texas.

martym

And to top it all off:

The air con is leaking.
Repairman is on his way!

Oh man, black lager sounds good right about now (stupid work!). Have you tried Köstritzer? That's a good one, if you have a place that has a broad selection of beers.

martym

I have. Ot tried it but I will put it on my notes and give it a go if I find it.

martym

Thank you!
That was gorgeous!
I may drink one after all of this is done.

@skypsyd Ya almost got me to reach in and take one outta stock - but I resisted. If I get the other home tomorrow and she's half happy with her lot in life I'll take a big load off and enjoy it. To those who couldn't resist (or didn't try) Cheers Lads!

martym

Sure am glad I don't have a dog. He'd probably bite me the way things have been going.
Just got 2 rock chips in the windshield returning from the drs office.
When it rains it pours!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I just had a drink for your good health, Marty.

That polished off the last of my Red Breast 12 year bottle.
Hmmm one drink is not enough. As you have sustained a injury, I think a dram on Monkey Shoulder would also be a fitting choice to toast to your good health, sláinte mhaith.

20170728_192340.jpg

martym

And thank you for your thoughtfulness and freely giving of yourself.

Top Bottom