What's new

When I want a no-nick, no-weeper, no-cut shave, I use Arko

It just gets the job done. Reliable, dependable Arko

1619647373347.jpeg

Last edited:
I have shaved with Arko while it isn't in my rotation it is an "ok" shave. This main issue I have is post shave feel.

My face feels "dry" or just lacking when I use it. It feels best when I combine Arko with a Captain's Choice aftershave splash.

That seems to be the only way I can tolerate the Arko for more then a once a month chance of pace.

Any ideas as to why? Or is that just what happens when you face lather?

KM

I have shaved with Arko while it isn't in my rotation it is an "ok" shave. This main issue I have is post shave feel.

My face feels "dry" or just lacking when I use it. It feels best when I combine Arko with a Captain's Choice aftershave splash.

That seems to be the only way I can tolerate the Arko for more then a once a month chance of pace.

KM
Arko for me delivers great shaves but overall really has a negative effect on the health of my skin. It's not drying but im more prone to breakouts and the colour and toning of it seems to get a bit worse. Its just a cheap product. I can't really expect it to do anything other than make for a good shave. A lot of people find it irritating and drying though. Its not face lathering per se, but some people do find that face lathering can increase irritation because they buff their skin too much. I face lather almost everything and I've never had an issue but some can't tolerate it.

KM
When I face lather with Arko, I use lots of water when loading it. Also wash my face with plenty of water between passes and when finished shaving.

This helped me a lot with Arko's face drying issues.

Not that many issues it performs very well just that I have other soaps I like more. And local plastic fantastic work more depends on which razor I use, how fresh the blade is and how 😴 I am when I shave.

But there is a big hunk of arko in my frankensoap this morning so I kinda used it 🤪

Hearing I am not the only person that fights the face drying issue is somewhat comforting. I have used balms also but for whatever reason my face loves the Captain's Choice splashes and honestly the balm is just an added bonus to the shave.

Arko is my only shave stick so I do occasionally grab it on weekends when I am not rushed. It takes me longer to face lather then the general public as I don't know what the &^$% I am doing and since I am not in a hurry I just roll with it.

As for the scent, I don't have any issues with it, nor does the better half.

KM

Luckily haven't had issues with my face drying using Arko. My issue early on was brush burn, but really hitting the mark on working the right amount of water in solved this, and perhaps any dryness issues. I do use a balm in the dryer months. I like a wet lather in general though.

Knock on wood, I never get weepers (one every two years, tops), and maybe a nick every three months or so. I alternate between a bunch of soaps, and I get good results from all that I have decided to keep. Arko isn't one of them. The smell is awful and the performance blah. Usaewd it twice, then I binned it.
p.s. Same razor, same brush, same brand of blade: might help explain my bloodless standard shaves.

Top Bottom