What's new

When I got into "classic" wet shaving 6 months ago...

I thought, how cool, the novelty of using a depression-era razor and shaving technique. Now, I finally feel like a man 😎

What I definitely didn't see coming is that I'd soon be living through a modern day large scale economic depression of our own! 😲 So now I really am getting the full experience of "Depression era shaving" 🤣 😢

Maybe someday 100 years from now my CVS store bought Chinese zamak razor will be bought secondhand by someone and viewed as a "vintage" relic

Pretty strange times we are living in...

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I gave all my baseball cards to my nephew with a few football and basketball mostly from the 60’s and 70’s. I told him they aren’t worth anything, so pass them down to your great grand Son to the 10th power. Since there will be no sports for at least 5 years because of 19 there might a chance the bent up Lou Alcindor could be something special.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Also, forgot to mention, in 100 years my zamak razor will sell for no less than $500. Because of inflation, you know. Money printer go BRRRRRRR
I think you might be a bit on the low side, what with 100yo SR's in good condition now selling for 50 or more times their original new price 😀.

I thought, how cool, the novelty of using a depression-era razor and shaving technique. Now, I finally feel like a man 😎

What I definitely didn't see coming is that I'd soon be living through a modern day large scale economic depression of our own! 😲 So now I really am getting the full experience of "Depression era shaving" 🤣 😢

Maybe someday 100 years from now my CVS store bought Chinese zamak razor will be bought secondhand by someone and viewed as a "vintage" relic

Pretty strange times we are living in...

+1! ‘Now, I finally feel like a man..’

Good on you!! B&B will help us all get through these times!! :clap: :clap:

I got back into wet shaving about 6 months ago also and thought it would be a good way to save a little money. Then I caught SAD and a little RAD and poof...there went any savings. Oh well, it's not that expensive of a hobby compared to some things at least.

Same thing happened to me and a lot of others as well here.

The way I look at it now is that it will save me money for the next few years. 😆 Instead of just a year or so.

Keep telling myself to use up only what I got and downsize what I'm not using. But it's not going as planned. Just bought some matching shave cream and aftershave.

Will have to take something out of the bathroom den to make room for the aftershave. So I can't really justify this purchase other than it will be a nice scent addition that is missing in my shaving rotation.

Top Bottom