What's new

When does Paladin drop new brushes?

I’m just getting into badger brushes as I’ve been a strict synthetic/boar user since getting in to traditional wet shaving, having had a bad experience with a gray badger brush I the past it really turned me off to them. Anyway I got a FS Shaving Brush on eBay and it really opened my eyes to these finest badger brushes with “gel tips”. I can honestly say this brush has the best knot ever used in it and it’s the cheapest brush in my whole collection, go figure..

So I’m thinking of asking for a paladin brush this holiday season and I’m curious when and how often paladin drop their brushes. Any info would be much appreciated so I can pass it on to my mother. Thanks guys!

They previously announced their drops on their website and posted the brushes to be dropped on a yahoo imgur site. However, I believe they just recently started dropping without any notice. They just had a drop Saturday without any notice. They always seem to have brushes available on their website. But if you want a popular style or a certain resin then you’ll have to pay attention to their website. There are website change tracking add-ins that you can use to help you.

Hope this helps.

Different things seem to work for different people, so we try to mix it up. Saturday's drop was the first we've done without putting any word out that I can remember. When we do advance notices, we post in our Vendors store on B&B as well as our pages on Facebook and Twitter. There is no regular schedule. Thanks for your interest.

FWIW, I had much the same experience with a Frank Shaving brush, which led to a Rooney, and then an M&F, and then a Simpson, and then straight down the rabbit hole. Still there.

Last edited:
They previously announced their drops on their website and posted the brushes to be dropped on a yahoo imgur site. However, I believe they just recently started dropping without any notice. They just had a drop Saturday without any notice. They always seem to have brushes available on their website. But if you want a popular style or a certain resin then you’ll have to pay attention to their website. There are website change tracking add-ins that you can use to help you.

Hope this helps.

Oh, my. Rabbit hole ahead...

Different things seem to work for different people, so we try to mix it up. Saturday's drop was the first we've done without putting any word out that I can remember. When we do advance notices, we post in our Vendors store on B&B as well as our pages on Facebook and Twitter. There is no regular schedule. Thanks for your interest.

FWIW, I had much the same experience with a Frank Shaving brush, which led to a Rooney, and then and M&F, and then a Simpson, and then I went straight down the rabbit hole. Still there.

Awesome news! Thank you guys for your help and yes down the rabbit hole I go, haha. I seriously had no idea how nice these finest two band badger knots were. I’m so torn now I almost want to replace ALL my synthetic’s with these... but a Paladin brush is definitely in my near future. They have some of the best handles I’ve ever seen. I just always thought to myself “badger knots, why?” Now I know.

Awesome news! Thank you guys for your help and yes down the rabbit hole I go, haha. I seriously had no idea how nice these finest two band badger knots were. I’m so torn now I almost want to replace ALL my synthetic’s with these... but a Paladin brush is definitely in my near future. They have some of the best handles I’ve ever seen. I just always thought to myself “badger knots, why?” Now I know.

Get one with an E5 knot and you’ll want to replace those synths faster than you afford to.

Get one with an E5 knot and you’ll want to replace those synths faster than you afford to.

@pork, you are killing me. I have a 26mm and 28mm CLSD5. They are described on the knot notes as the same. But everyone is raving about the CLSE5. I do not need another brush. I do not need another brush. I do not need another brush ... I just need to keep telling myself this. :a52:

@pork, you are killing me. I have a 26mm and 28mm CLSD5. They are described on the knot notes as the same. But everyone is raving about the CLSE5. I do not need another brush. I do not need another brush. I do not need another brush ... I just need to keep telling myself this. :a52:

I know. Same here. I watched as the Declaration B6s sold, then I did the same on the last Paladin drop with the tall beehives. I had brushes in my cart for both drops, but I let the clock run out. Self-discipline actually won this time, but it might not next time (particularly with the E5s).

I know. Same here. I watched as the Declaration B6s sold, then I did the same on the last Paladin drop with the tall beehives. I had brushes in my cart for both drops, but I let the clock run out. Self-discipline actually won this time, but it might not next time (particularly with the E5s).

Ha ha, I ordered both of those. Maybe you're the yin to my yang.

I got these. Apparently I like #3's, they are both #3. I really do, kinda has a meaning for me. The Declaration is a Jefferson. I can't wait to get both of them. The Paladin is in the mail.

ShipwreckJeffo3-1_900x.jpg

Paladin High-rise Beehive 26 Honey Noir 1.jpg

Last edited:
CLSD5s are from the same consignment of hair as CLSE5s, just different orders by a month.

@ChiefBroom I noticed that you put the 26mm CLSD5 in all the Beehives and High-rise Beehives this time. I figured they can't be bad. My PK-47 28mm CLSD5 doesn't have the gel tips that others are describing on the CLSE5, but I can see it leaning that way. You're craftsmanship on your handles is the best I've seen and I've bought a lot of them recently. Looking forward to the Honey Noire getting here. Thanks.

Last edited:
We put *E5s in all 65 of the Honey Noire LE Beehives because we wanted to put knots with the same code in all of them and had enough E5s. That project was very time-consuming. Then we went back to the SLSD5s and started using up the rest of them. We usually progress serially (first-in, first-out).

I think different people mean different things by "gel" (like "scritch"), which can create confusion. To me, "gel" doesn't mean "feels like a cloud", it goes more to tactile characteristics when when and how the hair dries. Those characteristics correspond with face-feel in use, but I don't apply the term based on face-feel.

All of the *D5 and *E5 knots I've samples have gel-like characteristics combined with a bit of presence, which I enjoy. But mileage always varies. And FWIW, there is often some variance within consignments and/or orders. The most variance I've ever seen was among knots we got back from Lee when he was setting them in our handles. That's when I learned to embrace variety.

Last edited:
I got lucky. I was looking at the beehives trying to decide which color to get. Almost never even clicked the 2nd page. I've drooled over every Honey Noir LE I've seen. As soon as I saw the High-rise in Honey Noir, every other brush (which I was infatuated with many of them) soon became a distant second choice. I put the Honey Noir in my cart and went to order it and it was sold out. Then I realized there was a second one available and jumped on it quick.

I got lucky. I was looking at the beehives trying to decide which color to get. Almost never even clicked the 2nd page. I've drooled over every Honey Noir LE I've seen. As soon as I saw the High-rise in Honey Noir, every other brush (which I was infatuated with many of them) soon became a distant second choice. I put the Honey Noir in my cart and went to order it and it was sold out. Then I realized there was a second one available and jumped on it quick.

Haha...I had that exact brush in my cart. You’re welcome! ;)

Top Bottom