What's new

When do you start planning your next shave?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Do you plan your next shave:

A) Without any thought- just pick a razor and cream

B) The night before

C) Immediately after your last shave

D) I'm booked through August

E) Other

Put me down for a "C". During the cleanup/faceturbation/admiration phase, I select tomorrow's menu of razor, blade, cream, and a/s.:tongue_sm

How do you guys handle such difficult decisions?:confused:

ouch said:

B) The night before

E) Other

I guess that I am somewhere between A) and E). Usually I just spend a moment staring into the abyss beneath my sink and pull out what I want (having only one razor and 1 brush - plus a small travel brush - makes this easier, I'm sure). However, sometimes I will have an idea of what I want before I even head to the bathroom... but I am not a plan it a day (or days) before type of person.

I'm sort of between C & D, in that I start planning the next day's (or weeks) shaves before I start on any particular morning. Of course, when ever a new product arrives the plans get shifted around a bit. Then of course there are the day's I choose (with great difficulty) not to shave, then I spend the whole day thinking about when I can get back to it. No one ever told me that wet shaving was so addictive; of course the real problem is only being able to shave once a day, sometimes I think it would be good to loolk like Kyle's avatar.

I choose E-Other for this one..

Reason being is that I'm very deliberate as to WHY I choose what I choose for my SOTD. I do give it thought based upon many things..How's my face feeling, what time of year it is (summer, fall, winter), is my sniffer wanting a certain thing, etc. Do I want a light & airy feel to the shave or do I want a heavy, aromatic shave?

Lots of variables go into why I choose what I choose each day

AJS said:
...sometimes I think it would be good to look like Kyle's avatar.
Well, the ladies love it!

Most of the time I pick my SOTD at random. Sometimes, if while picking my items I am torn between two creams, razors, etc., then I will use the one not picked on the following day. Also, as Alex mentions, anytime a new product arrives, it gets the starting nod. The only time that I truly plan ahead is when I'm testing a product.

If I do a trade on a particular product or some posting brings to mind a shaving cream/soap or razor I haven't used in a while, I usually pick that. Otherwise I usually just stick with one of my usual pots, Taylors Shave Shop, Mr. Taylors, Sandalwood or Lavender or my trusty T & H 1805.

But planning could be as far as 3 to 4 days out to spur of the minute.

I generally do 3-5 days of SOTD pics at a time, so that sets the timeline for me. Unfortunately, I often forget what I was supposed to shave with.... Also, as new items come in during the week (don't they always? :rolleyes: ), I have to adjust.

Sometimes I think about my choices the night before, most times its a shave-time decision.

I also make a lot of my decisions in reponse to other guys' posts--if I read an interesting review or comment about a particular product or even a technique, I'll try it the next day.

So, thanks!

I usually think about it at shave time, but if i get a new product i will think about it the night before and plan my shaving session and if i have to change my technique.

I choose before I get in the shower. That way I don't have to waste time after I get out and my face stays wet.

ouch said:

B) The night before

E) Other

I'm more of a B and C type- unless something new comes in.:drool:

Marty

ouch said:

B) The night before

E) Other

Put me down for a "C". During the cleanup/faceturbation/admiration phase, I select tomorrow's menu of razor, blade, cream, and a/s.:tongue_sm

How do you guys handle such difficult decisions?:confused:

I'm a definite A. Even when I have decided what I'm going to use before I get into the bathroom it can change in an instant. I don't even pre decide which ASB and Cologne til I've grabbed the bottle.

I only have 2 creams at the present time that I alternate. But I have 8 razors in my rotation, 3 Merkur HD, Slant and a Progress. 5 Gillettes, Toggle, 2 Slims, Fatboy and a Red handled Super Speed. I rotate them weekly.:lol:

My collection is still modest so the choices are not many. I have really taken to the Feather AC and just tried the Super Professional after my initial experience with the Professional. Wow, that's a sharp instrument!

I have also recently acquired my first tub of T&H 1805 and it has turned my head from my old favorite Proraso.

All that to say this, I'm mostly choice A.

Dave Keith

i'm going to also go with "A". most mornings i just get in the shave den, open the cabinet and grab what i'm in the mood for. i have yet to put something back. i figure the first choice is the best for the day.

s~s

I'd have to say A and E.

Everything is decided just prior to shaving except a DE is used in the morning and a str8 is used in the evening.

I usually just stare at the shelf and cabinet until I realize I am running out of time and have to get ready. Then it becomes a "what didn't I use in the last two times" search. At least I am settled in with the only-one-option use of Thayer's lavender witch hazel. Whoever first brought that to the attention of B&B, thank you! - Justin

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I wonder how guys like Ron and Joel do it. I assume they use some sort of random number generator.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom